Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBK53 not showing all devices

caremd99
Aspirant

Orbi RBK53 not showing all devices

I am using V2.3.5.30 and I am missing at least 1 connection in the GUI list. I know the connection is working because I can http into the connection’s IP address.
Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Orbi RBK53 not showing all devices

@caremd99 wrote:
I am using V2.3.5.30 and I am missing at least 1 connection in the GUI list. I know the connection is working because I can http into the connection’s IP address.

It would help if you identify the device that is missing from the Attached Devices information. 

I experience the same phenomenon with regard to my Nest Thermostat.  It is definitely "on the network" because I can open the smartphone app, display the current temperature, change the temperature, etc.  What I discovered after some testing is that Orbi only knows a device is "on the network" when the device generates packets.  After a few minutes of no traffic, the device disappears.  I "proved" this by watching the Attached Devices web page as I opened and closed the smartphone app.  Thermostat not there.  Open app.  Thermostat appears.  As long as the app is open, the thermostat remains on the display.  Close the app, and after a few minutes the thermostat disappears.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 6

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

Is this the routers web page or Orbi app? 

If routers web page:

What browser are you using? Try IE11, FF or Opera to compare. 

What devices are missing from the device list? 

Wireless and wired devices? 

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between them to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.

Is daisy chain enabled or disabled? 

Message 2 of 6
caremd99
Aspirant

V2.3.5.30

Verizon FIOS G1100
Orbi is in AP mode. Missing item does show in the G1100.

Missing devices are wireless and not showing in both the ORBI GUI and the ORBI APP.
Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Has a factory reset on the RBR and setup from scratch been performed? 

Please do a screen capture of the RBRs connected clients web page and post it here as an attachment to a post

What all devices do you have? 

Message 4 of 6
CrimpOn
Guru

@caremd99 wrote:

It would help if you identify the device that is missing from the Attached Devices information. 

I experience the same phenomenon with regard to my Nest Thermostat.  It is definitely "on the network" because I can open the smartphone app, display the current temperature, change the temperature, etc.  What I discovered after some testing is that Orbi only knows a device is "on the network" when the device generates packets.  After a few minutes of no traffic, the device disappears.  I "proved" this by watching the Attached Devices web page as I opened and closed the smartphone app.  Thermostat not there.  Open app.  Thermostat appears.  As long as the app is open, the thermostat remains on the display.  Close the app, and after a few minutes the thermostat disappears.

Message 5 of 6
caremd99
Aspirant

The device is an Enphase Envoy and I suspect it acts quite similar to Nest Thermostat in the fact that it only sends data once every 20 min or so.
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7