Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBK53 router replaces my old router?

Lexkok59
Guide

Orbi RBK53 router replaces my old router?

I just bought my new Orbi RBK53 system. Do i understand it correctly that the routerfunction is enough to protect me like a regular modem/router? Now i plugged the orbi router directly to my internet access and disabled my old router. Evertything just works fine, i was just curious for my security kind gegards Lex
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi RBK53 router replaces my old router?

The RBR functions just a like a router. Not a modem as it doesn't have a built in modem. 

Yes all Orbi routers include a firewall for protection. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

The RBR functions just a like a router. Not a modem as it doesn't have a built in modem. 

Message 2 of 6
Lexkok59
Guide

Just for my good night sleep, if i read the manual they say i must connect my orbi router to my existing router, see picture.

But i do not have a router anymore and i juist directly plugged my glass internet cable in de internet connection on the orbi. Dus the orbi than have more than enough security?

Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

The RBR functions just a like a router. Not a modem as it doesn't have a built in modem. You would plug in the RBR into your ISP modem.

Message 4 of 6
Lexkok59
Guide

So the picture only is for if you have a modem, which i dont have

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

If you have ISP services into a wall outlet, then you would connect the RBR there. Where ever your ISP has your service in your home. 

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 6 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7