Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBK53 vs Nighthawk R9000+X6S vs Orbi Pro

ExMachina
Follower

Orbi RBK53 vs Nighthawk R9000+X6S vs Orbi Pro

I'm building a new home and trying to decide on a network setup for it. It's a rambler (1765 sq ft), basement (1775 sq ft), 22x22 garage, and 12x34 extended 3rd car garage. I want strong wifi everywhere in the living spaces, the garage (3rd car portion will be my workshop), and hopefully a bit out into the back yard. The options I'm considering are:
1 Orbi RBK53
2 Orbi Pro
3 Nighthawk R9000 + X6S extender
4 Orbi RBK53 or Orbi Pro in AP mode + R9000 as router (wireless disabled)

I can use wired or wireless backhaul. Cat5e wired wherever I need it. Feature-wise, I'm guessing #4 would be best, but I don't really know how the Orbi router features compare to the Nighthawk.

I could also put in an EdgeRouter or MikroTik router instead of the Nighthawk. What's going to be my best option here?
Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi RBK53 vs Nighthawk R9000+X6S vs Orbi Pro

I have a 5000sq ft home, two story, basement on one side, main and upper floor on newer side. I use the Orbi with 1 satellite. 40 feet in between the base and satellite. Tested both wired and wireless back haul. Great coverage and range throughout the home and some out side.

I'm also tested my R7800 and EX7500 and EX7700 extenders in same placement. About the same coverage. Not quite as good in performance as the Orbi. Does the job though.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7