Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBK53

MN777
Aspirant

Orbi RBK53

Hi folks, I’m new to this so apologies if anything is repeated elsewhere! 

1. I’m unable to download any App updates to our Mac phones/ iPads...and have to switch to another router to do that...any suggestions please?

2. Is the Circle any good...seems a faff to set up, was hoping everything was simple through the orbi router?

3. I see they are giving u a free trial to security...is that worth the money following on

many Thanks

Mitch

Message 1 of 6
plemans
Guru

Re: Orbi RBK53

What is the orbi attached to?

Usually when this problem arrises its because the orbi is hooked to a modem/router combo device is having issues with double nat or is using an incorrect dns setting.

What modem are you using? Model and firmware help:

What firmware is your orbi on?

Are you using custom dns settings? 

Message 2 of 6
CrimpOn
Guru

@MN777 wrote:

2. Is the Circle any good...seems a faff to set up, was hoping everything was simple through the orbi router?

3. I see they are giving u a free trial to security...is that worth the money following on

Since no one has responded (yet), I'll give "my two cents."

Circle: Do you have minor children who need restricted internet access?  That's the ONLY rationale for Disney Circle.  On this forum, Circle seems to be responsible for issues that some users have with Orbi.  Also, a really smart teenager can beat Circle.  I would read reviews and search this forum for Circle.

Armor: Opinions thus far seem negative. (Mostly questions like, "doesn't activate properly" and "how do I turn this OFF?")  Do you want to dump your existing Anti-Virus software for BitDefender?  If not, don't read any farther.  I guess there's no harm in signing up for the free trial period, but I did not.

Message 3 of 6
MN777
Aspirant

It’s connected up to a box com router as it’s fibre to house and can’t link directly to orbi. It’s a 844G/854/G Giga centre for what it’s worth...SSID CXNK0059794D ONU MAC 44657F1159AB...does that help?

Message 4 of 6
MN777
Aspirant

Firmware 2.3.1.48....pretty much brand new I believe?

Message 5 of 6
plemans
Guru

@MN777 wrote:

It’s connected up to a box com router as it’s fibre to house and can’t link directly to orbi. It’s a 844G/854/G Giga centre for what it’s worth...SSID CXNK0059794D ONU MAC 44657F1159AB...does that help?

this does help. that device is a combo device so it leans towards this being an issue using 2 routers. See double nat post at the bottom. You have 2 options. 

1. Place your Giga Centre in passthrough/modem only mode. (contact your provider for best way to do this) and leave your orbi in router mode. this preserves your options to use disney circle or Armour. 

2. leave your Giga Centre as router and place your Orbi in access point mode. Probably the simpliest option. You would only use the orbi for wifi basically.  If you choose to go this route, turn off the wifi on the Giga Centre to reduce interference. 

https://kb.netgear.com/30186/What-is-Double-NAT

https://kb.netgear.com/31218/How-do-I-configure-my-Orbi-router-to-act-as-an-access-point

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7