Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBK753S PS4, Hulu, iPhone WhatsApp and Phone Calls in general, iPad repeated disconnects

NE1L
Aspirant

Orbi RBK753S PS4, Hulu, iPhone WhatsApp and Phone Calls in general, iPad repeated disconnects

My previous router was the Deco M9 Plus. I needed a router that could support 1200mbps. I got the Orbi RBK753S off Costco. I installed without issues but for the last few days, I have been having connectivity issues on specific devices in the household. In particular,

• a iPhone XR that cannot maintain a call like WhatsApp and Messenger, Whatsapp messages is a issue as well (like the messages aren't coming in even though I can see it on WhatsApp Web)
  • PS4 Slim generally (Gaming and Streaming shows)
  • Hulu in particular on the PS4 and on a Samsung Smart TV (less on the TV, more on the PS4)
  • iPad Air that needs to forget the network daily in order to connect to the internet. 

All these things did not happen on the Deco M9 Plus. All windows devices seem to work fine. All Samsung devices also work fine.

Also some of the devices cannot seem to connect to the main network but work fine on the guest network but it isn't a problem for me. Seems to be older devices like the TV and the PS4 and the iPad. No, there is no daily timer thing before they get kicked off the network. All devices can stay indefinitely from what I can tell. 

Other odd thing I noticed, if the port scan from Netgear Armor gets blocked by the device firewall, the device will not be able to access the internet. Kind of a pain to disable port scans each time.

Any idea what's wrong? 

Model: Orbi RBK753S AX4200

Hardware Version: RBR750

Firmware Version: v3.2.18.1_1,4,14

Provider: Xfinity

Speeds: 1200mbps down/40mbps up

Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi RBK753S PS4, Hulu, iPhone WhatsApp and Phone Calls in general, iPad repeated disconnects

Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the Orbi AX product. Most of the people who watch that forum are more likely to have experience with Orbi AX and know how to work it better than those of us who follow this "general Orbi" forum. Might be more likely to find someone who has a solution if the question is posted there:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/bd-p/en-home-orbi-ax

Thank you.

Message 2 of 3
NE1L
Aspirant

Re: Orbi RBK753S PS4, Hulu, iPhone WhatsApp and Phone Calls in general, iPad repeated disconnects

Ah my bad, thank you for the information.
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7