Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBK843 satellite poor or out of sync backhaul status

Takeda
Aspirant

Orbi RBK843 satellite poor or out of sync backhaul status

I just installed a RBK843S Orbi system. Here is how it is intalled:

Router

|        10ft

Satellite #1

|         100ft, line of sight, no blockages

Satellite #2

Wifi seemed to work ok from satellite #2, but when I brought up "attached" devices, using the orbilogin.com link from a laptop (I don't own a smart phone) the backhaul status was "GOOD" on satellite #1, and would go from "POOR" to "OUT OF SYNC" on satellite #2.

I switched the location of satellite #1, and satellite #2, and now the backhaul status is good on both satellites. It appears there is a problem with one of the satellites, do you think it is #1, or #2? Both satellites power-up with a solid blue LED in both locations.

Model: RBS40|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Add-on Satellite
Message 1 of 6
Takeda
Aspirant

Re: Orbi RBK843 satellite poor or out of sync backhaul status

An update, I just tried switching the satellites back to how they were originally, and now the backhaul status is "GOOD" on both satellites.

Go figure.......

Message 2 of 6
Takeda
Aspirant

Yes, another update:  I just noticed that after switching the satellites back, both satellites are connected directly to the router, instead of being daisy chained. When the backhaul status was bad, satellite #1 was connected to the router, satellite #2 was connected to satellite #1.

How can you control this?

Message 3 of 6

You have posted your message in the section of this community given over to Nighthawk WiFi Routers. (This is easily done, given Netgear's complicated community structure.)

Many questions apply to different types of device, so you might get responses here, but you could get more help, and find earlier questions and answers specific to your hardware, in the appropriate section for your device. That's probably here:

Orbi - NETGEAR Communities

I will ask the Netgear moderator to move your message.

In the meantime you could visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware.

You may have done this already. I can't tell from your message.

I mention it because Netgear gave up on supplying paper manuals years ago and people sometimes miss the downloads.

Message 4 of 6
Takeda
Aspirant

Problem solved, I ordered another system from Costco, and returned this system for a refund. The newer system doesn't have any problems.

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the Orbi AX (WiFi 6) products. Most of the people who watch that forum are more likely to have experience with Orbi AX and know how to work it better than those of us who follow this "general Orbi" forum. Might be more likely to find someone who has a solution if the question is posted there:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/bd-p/en-home-orbi-ax

Also 10ft is too close between the RBR and RBS. 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected. 

Please mark your thread as solved so others will know. 

Thank you.

@Takeda wrote:

Problem solved, I ordered another system from Costco, and returned this system for a refund. The newer system doesn't have any problems.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7