Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBK850 No Netgear Armor and Disney Circle?

jodax
Apprentice

Orbi RBK850 No Netgear Armor and Disney Circle?

I cannot seem to see any options to enable Netgear Armor on the new RBK850 (I am currently paying for the subscription through my previous Orbi-RBK50).

Should I cancel my Armor subscription and ask for a refund? or Return this seemingly feature less Orbi Wifi 6 and go use my old RBK50?

I have the latest firmware (v3.1.5.23) as of this writing.

Message 1 of 4
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Orbi RBK850 No Netgear Armor and Disney Circle?

You may get more informed comments in the Armor community forum

https://community.netgear.com/t5/NETGEAR-Armor/bd-p/en-home-armor 

Message 2 of 4
jodax
Apprentice

I got a reply on r/Orbi subreddit... apparently its in the product roadmap, so they pretty much released the hardware with limited features on the firmware side. I guess i should have waited before rushing to purchase the RBK850. The main issue now is Netgear didn’t say how ling before the enable Armor. If history on How ling it took Orbi RBK50 to get armor after they released it on the nighthawk routers are to be repeated, it will probably take a while before i can use my subscription again. So ill probably cancel it
Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Armor and Circle are not avaiagle at this time. Same happened with Orbi AC models. NG came out with Armor and Circle at much later time frame and presume NG will do the same with Orbi AX. 

@jodax wrote:

I cannot seem to see any options to enable Netgear Armor on the new RBK850 (I am currently paying for the subscription through my previous Orbi-RBK50).

Should I cancel my Armor subscription and ask for a refund? or Return this seemingly feature less Orbi Wifi 6 and go use my old RBK50?

I have the latest firmware (v3.1.5.23) as of this writing.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7