Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi RBR 20 and BT Homehub 6 BRS_wanlan_conflct in UK

P0606R
Aspirant

Orbi RBR 20 and BT Homehub 6 BRS_wanlan_conflct in UK

Set up: BT Fibre 2 (full fibre network) > Cable to BT Home SmartHub 6 > Cable Orbi RBR20 (I've turned off wifi on BT SmartHub)

Firmware Version 2.5.1.16

I'm getting wifi all over the house but multiple BRS_wan_lan confilcts.

The advice I've read to fix it is to put Orbi in AP mode BUT one of the sites with the conflict is orbilogin.net so I cannot reach the settings.

Any suggestions?

Thank you.

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

IF the ISP Homehub has a built in router, This would be a double NAT (two router) condition which isn't recommended. https://kb.netgear.com/30186/What-is-Double-NAT
https://kb.netgear.com/30187/How-to-fix-issues-with-Double-NAT
Couple of options,
1. Configure the modem for transparent bridge or modem only mode. Then use the Orbi router in router mode. You'll need to contact the ISP for help and information in regards to the modem being bridged correctly.
2. If you can't bridge the modem, disable ALL wifi radios on the modem, configure the modems DMZ/ExposedHost or IP Pass-Through for the IP address the Orbi router gets from the modem. Then you can use the Orbi router in Router mode.
3. Or disable all wifi radios on the modem and connect the Orbi router to the modem, configure AP mode on the Orbi router. https://kb.netgear.com/31218/How-do-I-configure-my-Orbi-router-to-act-as-an-access-point and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7LOcJ8GdDo&app=desktop 

Might try option #2 first...

Message 2 of 6
P0606R
Aspirant

Hi FURRYe38,

Thanks for your suggestions.

I think option 2 has to be the one but I don't know what it means. Sorry, non-tech!

Option 3 won't work because I can't access orbilogin.net - I get the 404 error message (which I also get if I try to access the ISP's hub); and Option 1 won't because transparent bridge is not permitted on the ISP's hub. 

Now going to figure out how to do Option 2.

P0606R

Message 3 of 6
CrimpOn
Guru

@P0606R wrote:

Option 3 won't work because I can't access orbilogin.net -

"orbilogin.net" is not a regular Domain Name, (such as netgear.com or facebook.com). The Orbi router intercepts this name (and several others) and returns the IP address of the router itself.  For this to work, the device seeking to connect to the Orbi has to be connect to the Orbi.

Rather than use the "name", I prefer to open the Orbi web interface using the actual IP address of the Orbi. 

• If the Orbi is currently in "router" mode, then it will be giving out IP addresses to devices and one of the items it gives out is the "gateway" IP address, which is the Orbi router. 
  • If you can access the BT router, there should be a table showing which IP address has been assigned to each device, and one of them will be the Orbi router.

Hope this helps

Message 4 of 6
P0606R
Aspirant

Thanks - it helps a lot. Going to try it.

@CrimpOn wrote:

@P0606R wrote:

Option 3 won't work because I can't access orbilogin.net -

"orbilogin.net" is not a regular Domain Name, (such as netgear.com or facebook.com). The Orbi router intercepts this name (and several others) and returns the IP address of the router itself.  For this to work, the device seeking to connect to the Orbi has to be connect to the Orbi.

Rather than use the "name", I prefer to open the Orbi web interface using the actual IP address of the Orbi. 

• If the Orbi is currently in "router" mode, then it will be giving out IP addresses to devices and one of the items it gives out is the "gateway" IP address, which is the Orbi router. 
  • If you can access the BT router, there should be a table showing which IP address has been assigned to each device, and one of them will be the Orbi router.

Hope this helps

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

When in AP mode, setup a static IP address on the RBR, say 192.168.#.50 and you can aways use this IP address to access the RBRs web page in AP mode. If you go with AP mode. 

Contact your ISP for help and information regarding configuration of there modem/router. 

Good Luck. 

@P0606R 

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7