Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi RBR-40, Changed from Optimum to FIOS, No Internet

Samk23
Aspirant

Orbi RBR-40, Changed from Optimum to FIOS, No Internet

Hello, I just switched Internet providers from Optimum to Verizon Fios, the internet is working and some previously wireless connected devices such as cameras and computers had no issue with the change. The ORBI app is showing "No Internet" and apps on my phone are not functioning with a reponse of "no internet connection".  I restarted the modem and ORBI but it still will not recognize the internet but yet some devices still function? Any ideas?

Thank you

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

it sounds like you have an fios box with a router built in. Not 100% as you didn't include models. But if so that'd put you in a double nat and can cause all kinds of issues. 

Easiest fix? place your orbi in access point mode and disable wireless on the fios box. 

Other option? place the fios box in modem only/pass through mode. Then you still have the routing functions of the orbi. The best way to do this is to contact your isp to see the best settings for you fios box to be in this mode. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5

All Replies
plemans
Guru

it sounds like you have an fios box with a router built in. Not 100% as you didn't include models. But if so that'd put you in a double nat and can cause all kinds of issues. 

Easiest fix? place your orbi in access point mode and disable wireless on the fios box. 

Other option? place the fios box in modem only/pass through mode. Then you still have the routing functions of the orbi. The best way to do this is to contact your isp to see the best settings for you fios box to be in this mode. 

Message 2 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Modem Combo Units:
This would be a double NAT condition which isn't recommended. https://kb.netgear.com/30186/What-is-Double-NAT
Couple of options,
1. Configure the modem for transparent bridge mode. You'll need to contact the ISP for help and information in regards to the modem being bridged correctly. Then use the Orbi router in router mode.
2. If you can't bridge the modem, disable ALL wifi radios on the modem, configure the modems DMZ/ExposedHost or IP Pass-Through for the IP address the Orbi router gets from the modem. Then you can use the Orbi router in Router mode.
3. Or disable all wifi radios on the modem and connect the Orbi router to the modem, configure AP mode on the Orbi router. https://kb.netgear.com/31218/How-do-I-configure-my-Orbi-router-to-act-as-an-access-point and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7LOcJ8GdDo&app=desktop

@Samk23 wrote:

Hello, I just switched Internet providers from Optimum to Verizon Fios, the internet is working and some previously wireless connected devices such as cameras and computers had no issue with the change. The ORBI app is showing "No Internet" and apps on my phone are not functioning with a reponse of "no internet connection".  I restarted the modem and ORBI but it still will not recognize the internet but yet some devices still function? Any ideas?

Thank you

Message 3 of 5
Samk23
Aspirant

Thank you - I will try and let you know

Message 4 of 5
Samk23
Aspirant

Thank you, double NAT, (learned something knew) seems to be the issue, I will try and report back

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7