Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi RBR 40, Issues with new internet

BrBranscum43
Aspirant

Orbi RBR 40, Issues with new internet

So I recently moved to a new house. I tried hooking my Orbi Router and Satilite to the new internet. It seemed to work as I was able to load normal sites that I had been on before. I tried to connect my PS4 to the Orbi internet and it asked for the Proxy Server and then I knew something was wrong. If I tried to go to websites that I haven't really visited much like NBC.com, CBS.com, ESPN.com it would ask me for a log in information. 

Does anyone have any ideas on what is causing this? Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
BrBranscum43
Aspirant

So I was able to fix it actually. It was that the Orbi was connected to a gateway and needed to be assigined another IP address.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
CrimpOn
Guru

We can offer possible solutions if you can provide a little information:

• What internet service company?
  • What equipment is the Orbi connected to?  (exact brand and model number)
  • When you look at the Orbi "internet port", what IP address has the Orbi received from the service company?

Thanks

Message 2 of 4
BrBranscum43
Aspirant

So I was able to fix it actually. It was that the Orbi was connected to a gateway and needed to be assigined another IP address.

Message 3 of 4
CrimpOn
Guru

Thanks for reporting success.  If you mark the topic solved it will show users it is no longer active.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7