Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBR 50 will not reset

Benzai
Follower

Orbi RBR 50 will not reset

My Orbi RBR 50 is no longer working and the reset procedure does not work. I can see the unit is powered on, the green led in the back is lit. When pressing the reset button with power on, nothing happens, the led doesn't turn amber, it always stays green. I've tried power cycles, I've tried physically unplugging power, I've tried a 30-30-30 procedure, nothing happens. Is there a way to force a reset another way?

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: Orbi RBR 50 will not reset

You can try a tftp procedure.
https://kb.netgear.com/000059634/How-to-upload-firmware-to-a-NETGEAR-router-using-Windows-TFTP

Make sure you enable tftp within windows 10 or you'll get errors.
Message 2 of 3
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Orbi RBR 50 will not reset

@Benzai wrote:

My Orbi RBR 50 is no longer working and the reset procedure does not work. I can see the unit is powered on, the green led in the back is lit. When pressing the reset button with power on, nothing happens, the led doesn't turn amber, it always stays green.

Is the Orbi less than 90 days old?  If so, I would csall Netgear support.  Maybe try sticking a different paperclip in that tiny reset hole?

If the regular factory reset process doesn't work, @michaelkenward described an undocumented way to get an Orbi to factory reset:

Press paperclip in reset hole for 30 seconds
Keep pressing paperclip while removing power
Keep pressing paperclip for another 30 seconds while apply power

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7