Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBR/RBS50 2.1.4.10 Loses Ethernet Wired Satellite

ElCapo
Luminary

Orbi RBR/RBS50 2.1.4.10 Loses Ethernet Wired Satellite

Hi all

I have an RBK53 setup running in AP mode that was working reasonably well on version 2.1.3.4 with wired Backhaul to both satellites.

in fact, recently it had been working so well, with no drops at all for a long prime I thought I would login and see how it looked.

i noticed straight away that I had ‘lost’ both satellites and they were showing as normal connected devices.  I logged into them individually and noticed that they still had connected devices so were apparently operating as additional access points.

i then realised that the router had auto upgraded to 2.1.4.10 but the satellites were still at 2.1.3.4.

So, big question, is everything actually still working as it should?  Does the satellite need to show as a satellite to work properly?  Should I manual update the satellites to 2.1.4.10 or do I run the risk of messing it all up?

i like that I am getting good performance but I also like things to work as designed.

cheers

Model: RBK53| Orbi Router + 2 Satellites Orbi WiFi System
Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi RBR/RBS50 2.1.4.10 Loses Ethernet Wired Satellite

if it's working then I would let it run. The satellite may of lost temporary connection during the udpate. You may try to power OFF the satellites, then the router for 1 minute, then power back on the router and let it come to ready then power on 1 satellite at a time and let it come to ready, wait for the top LED to turn BLUE before turning on the next one.

What others have found:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/I-found-a-Connection-issue-Resolution-for-wired-backhaul/m-p/1...

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7