Orbi RBR/RBS50 220.127.116.11 Loses Ethernet Wired Satellite
I have an RBK53 setup running in AP mode that was working reasonably well on version 18.104.22.168 with wired Backhaul to both satellites.
in fact, recently it had been working so well, with no drops at all for a long prime I thought I would login and see how it looked.
i noticed straight away that I had ‘lost’ both satellites and they were showing as normal connected devices. I logged into them individually and noticed that they still had connected devices so were apparently operating as additional access points.
i then realised that the router had auto upgraded to 22.214.171.124 but the satellites were still at 126.96.36.199.
So, big question, is everything actually still working as it should? Does the satellite need to show as a satellite to work properly? Should I manual update the satellites to 188.8.131.52 or do I run the risk of messing it all up?
i like that I am getting good performance but I also like things to work as designed.
Re: Orbi RBR/RBS50 184.108.40.206 Loses Ethernet Wired Satellite
if it's working then I would let it run. The satellite may of lost temporary connection during the udpate. You may try to power OFF the satellites, then the router for 1 minute, then power back on the router and let it come to ready then power on 1 satellite at a time and let it come to ready, wait for the top LED to turn BLUE before turning on the next one.
What others have found:
My Setup (Cable 900Mbps/50Mbps)>CAX80>XR450 v220.127.116.11(Router Mode)>RBK853 v18.104.22.168(AP Mode)
Additional NG HW: C7800/CM1100/CM1200/CM2000, Orbi CBK40, RBK853, R7800, R7960P,
EX7500/EX7700, XR450 and WNHDE111