Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi RBR/RBS50 Firmware Updates

JMemo
Follower

Orbi RBR/RBS50 Firmware Updates

I saw an e-mail advising me to download the latest and greatest firmware for my home Orbi system and I followed the instructions and thought I successfully handled this for my Router and Satelittle units. Just when I was closing out the set up screen I noticed one upgrade took and the other didn't but it was too late, I close out. My entire home wireless system died after that. I did some checking and decided to re-set both devices and now I can't get in on my phone to set up. So I basically have one unit wiht current software and one with older and I can't seem to get into to adjust or start over and re-set up the system. Help.

Model: RBR50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Router Only)
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: arlo pro 2 changing the activity zone

Hi JMemo, 

You can manually update the firmware of the router and satellite. Here's the link to download the firmware: 

https://kb.netgear.com/000059432/RBR50-RBS50-Firmware-Version-2-1-4-16

How do I manually update the firmware on my Orbi WiFi System?

https://kb.netgear.com/31573/How-do-I-manually-upgrade-firmware-on-my-Orbi-Satellite

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 6

All Replies
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Sorry to hear of your troubles.  IMO this is a classic example of the powers to be giving into the whiners.    Awhile back many complained that they wanted more control over FW auto-downloads.  Apparently NG thought this was good idea and now for the most part they have stopped most if not all auto-downloads.

In your case you may have to perform a hard reset and start the process all over.

Message 2 of 6
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi JMemo, 

You can manually update the firmware of the router and satellite. Here's the link to download the firmware: 

https://kb.netgear.com/000059432/RBR50-RBS50-Firmware-Version-2-1-4-16

How do I manually update the firmware on my Orbi WiFi System?

https://kb.netgear.com/31573/How-do-I-manually-upgrade-firmware-on-my-Orbi-Satellite

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 3 of 6
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi JMemo, 

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if you need further assistance.

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 4 of 6
ubtchanova
Aspirant

I have an ORBI RBR50 router and a RBS50 satellite that I purchased through Verizon to use in conjunction with my FiOS Quantum G1100 router to provide WiFi throughout my house. Not difficult to get them up and running, but when I log into my ORBI (Basic and Advanced tabs come up under the Verizon banner) and click on Firmware Update, the page tells me that my Current Version is V2.0.1.4-1.0.0.6, with the message "Service unreachable." Verizon is worthless in terms of support. Two questions: (1) Do I have to wait -- am I restricted to -- for Verizon to publish a FW update?  (2) Can I otherwise get FW updates from Netgear and install them manually w/o fear of totally hosing the ORBI router and satellite? (3) If I can update the FW manually, where might I find the updates, please?

Thank you very much.

Model: RBR50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Router Only)
Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

You'll need to contact Verizon support since this is a Verizon Orbi device. They are using the NG orbi as the hardward platform for there product line. Thus they will need to help you with this.

@ubtchanova wrote:

I have an ORBI RBR50 router and a RBS50 satellite that I purchased through Verizon to use in conjunction with my FiOS Quantum G1100 router to provide WiFi throughout my house. Not difficult to get them up and running, but when I log into my ORBI (Basic and Advanced tabs come up under the Verizon banner) and click on Firmware Update, the page tells me that my Current Version is V2.0.1.4-1.0.0.6, with the message "Service unreachable." Verizon is worthless in terms of support. Two questions: (1) Do I have to wait -- am I restricted to -- for Verizon to publish a FW update?  (2) Can I otherwise get FW updates from Netgear and install them manually w/o fear of totally hosing the ORBI router and satellite? (3) If I can update the FW manually, where might I find the updates, please?

Thank you very much.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7