Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi RBR/RBS50 Firmware Updates

HighDesert
Tutor

Orbi RBR/RBS50 Firmware Updates

Got the email from Netgear advising of new firmmware update available, 2.3.1.60.  Currently running FW 2.3.1.44.  On my iPhone, I go to the Orbi app and do the "check for updates", get the "wait 5 minutes" message for checking and then get the message "problem checking for firmware update".  This has been going on for several days now.  Normally, updates are not an issue with the Orbi, but I am now at a point where I am not sure what else to try.  Any ideas??

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Do the update if you want to from a PC with a web browser connected to the RBRs web page. NG is not forcing auto updates anymore so if you see notifications on the web page, email or on the app, its just to let you know there is one available. It's now up to you if you want to upgrade or not. 

Message 2 of 4
HighDesert
Tutor

Thanks for your help, took the time today to go online and did the firmwaare update.  All went well using that process.  No idea why Netgear dropped the  simpler, auto update ability.  

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Too many other users were complaining about autoupdate breaking there systems so NG relented and stopped that. The system checks for updates, It's not left to the user to update there systems. 

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7