Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi RBR/RBS50 not syncing and connected devices not showing

numetheus
Aspirant

Okay ... so I was having the same issue. Nothing was being updated with the new firmware. Unplugging the satellite and leaving it like that for 30 minutes and it still shows it was good with devices connected. Lol. New devices never show up. I tried returning satellite to factory setting by depressing the reset pin hole button, then the router, then setting up from scratch. Same issue. It only found 8 devices and ignored updates from there. Downgraded to 2.3.5.30 and now everything is working normally. I can confirm that this is a problem with the latest firmware release. I’m going to try re-updating to the new release just for funsies but I don’t have much hope it will work. I’ll report back.
Message 26 of 38
numetheus
Aspirant

Updated again to the new version. Yep. Problem with the firmware. This time it is only recognizing 7 devices. I should have 19. Confirmed that all of my IP cameras are available, and none showing in the device list. I have two devices wired to satellite and the device list for it shows as blank.
Message 27 of 38
FURRYe38
Guru

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update? 

What happens if you disable Daisy Chain?

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Attached-Device-List-is-not-Updating-Working-Correctly-V2-5-1-...

@numetheus wrote:
Updated again to the new version. Yep. Problem with the firmware. This time it is only recognizing 7 devices. I should have 19. Confirmed that all of my IP cameras are available, and none showing in the device list. I have two devices wired to satellite and the device list for it shows as blank.

Message 28 of 38
numetheus
Aspirant

Factory reset was performed directly after the first upgrade. Re-configured from scratch and tested for a while and rebooted router and satellite. Confirmed it did not work after leaving devices off then activating some time after everything was powered on. Did not recognize devices. During one test, the satellite was flagged as down despite no lights and the computer physically connected to satellite was online and functioning. If it was down, computer would not work. I have no WiFi card. Downgraded and performed the same test. Devices showed up after refresh and immediately recognized all 19 devices after allowing time for them to re-connect. Working. Performed upgrade and tested again. Same result as broken state. Only 7 devices recognized. Physically unplugged satellite. Page still shows the satellite is good after a while despite being unplugged. It’s not updating.

I do not see how another factory reset will yield different results because a factory reset was performed after the first upgrade to new version. Although I will try it anyways to settle this.
Message 29 of 38
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@numetheus wrote:

I do not see how another factory reset will yield different results because a factory reset was performed after the first upgrade to new version. Although I will try it anyways to settle this.

it won't

leave your FW alone

Message 30 of 38
numetheus
Aspirant

I upgraded again just to test daisy chain setting. I’ve turned daisy chaining off, which caused a reboot. Now it shows satellite is disconnected and 6 total devices. Yet all of my devices connected directly to satellite are working. So clearly the satellite is connected. I’m done with this version now. Going to downgrade. My prognosis is the devs failed at testing. Lol
Message 31 of 38
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@numetheus wrote:
I upgraded again just to test daisy chain setting. I’ve turned daisy chaining off, which caused a reboot. Now it shows satellite is disconnected and 6 total devices. Yet all of my devices connected directly to satellite are working. So clearly the satellite is connected. I’m done with this version now. Going to downgrade. My prognosis is the devs failed at testing. Lol

Now think of all the time wasted.   Do not perform manual FW updates.   

Message 32 of 38
NJC1
Aspirant

Has anybody found a solution to this.  I thought everything was working and moved the satelite, reconnected with the blue ring...

Just found a device near the satelite was showing as out of range, checked the satelite on the webpage to see whilst it is conencted, the backhaul is not.

I haver the satelite on the same desk as the base now so i could try and fix this easily... not luck

Tried the steps others have done too without success except for reverting to an earlier FW version.  Not sure how to do that.

Message 33 of 38
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@NJC1 wrote:

Has anybody found a solution to this.  I thought everything was working and moved the satelite, reconnected with the blue ring...

Just found a device near the satelite was showing as out of range, checked the satelite on the webpage to see whilst it is conencted, the backhaul is not.

I haver the satelite on the same desk as the base now so i could try and fix this easily... not luck

Tried the steps others have done too without success except for reverting to an earlier FW version.  Not sure how to do that.

Go to downloads and enter your model number 

Message 34 of 38
NJC1
Aspirant

Thank you,

I just tried a router reboot again and the backhaul reconnected this time.

Message 35 of 38
-Malux-
Tutor

I finally downgraded 2.3.5.30 and solved all my problems.

As a software dev myself, I’m boggled on how a release like 2.5.1.8 Ever made it out the door.

Message 36 of 38
SW_
Prodigy
Prodigy

@-Malux- wrote:

As a software dev myself, I’m boggled on how a release like 2.5.1.8 Ever made it out the door.

It's not that surprising that going back to 2.3.5.30 will restore old attached devices behavior.  Looking at the release notes and version number, 2.5.1.8 is not an incremental FW upgrade from 2.3.5.30.  There's a major change on how 2.5.1.8 deals with attached devices, which can take a long time (days) to rediscover/reconcile those devices on the network, especially when those devices are configured with specific names.

The speed up 2.5.1.8 devices discovery post upgrade, I had to do a hard reset with paper clip to wipe out the old device database/settings and avoid making the mistake of restoring/re-applying the old config file from 2.3.5.30 on 2.5.1.8.

You're right regarding NG FW quality, just check out this thread if you're curious: Firmware-Version-2-5-1-8 

Message 37 of 38
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@-Malux- wrote:

What's even more mind boggling is that there are those among us here who are blind and would rather lead us down a fox hole of frustration.  

Message 38 of 38
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 37 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 9 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7