Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi RBR20 5EH3855N022C

KB9JMH
Follower

Orbi RBR20 5EH3855N022C

I have the RBR20 and one (included in box) satellite receiver. The systems works pretty well but I'm wondering if I can improve my signal strrength by adding one more satellite. The folks at a local store have givenm two DIFFERENT answers! (What a surprise!!)

One tech said no, this system is fixed the way it came in the box. The other of course said sure you can!

So, which is correct??

If I can add a satellite, which do you suggest??

Thahks so much

KB9JMH

Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Yes you can add more satellites. Other users have posted having up to 6 RBS connected to 1 RBR. 

@KB9JMH wrote:

I have the RBR20 and one (included in box) satellite receiver. The systems works pretty well but I'm wondering if I can improve my signal strrength by adding one more satellite. The folks at a local store have givenm two DIFFERENT answers! (What a surprise!!)

One tech said no, this system is fixed the way it came in the box. The other of course said sure you can!

So, which is correct??

If I can add a satellite, which do you suggest??

Thahks so much

KB9JMH

Message 2 of 3

The RBR20 comes as a bundle with the Orbi Satellite (RBS20).

The most appropriate satellite to add is probably another RBS20. This delivers AC2200 wifi, like the RBR20.

The Orbi Wall Plug Satellite (RBW30) is also AC2200, as is the RBS40.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7