Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBR20 - Device Connection

kzog711
Follower

Orbi RBR20 - Device Connection

Hi everyone! I have a question about connecting my Wi-Fi Thermostat to my Orbi. I have a Honeywell thermostat and I set it in WiFi Setup mode but can't find it in my device list on the Orbi. How would I go about finding this? Thanks!

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi RBR20 - Device Connection

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Is it not listed under the RBRs web page under Basic Tab/Connected Devices? 

How about the Orbi app? Nothing showing there as well? 

Is the controller working? 

Message 2 of 3
Mstrbig
Master

Re: Orbi RBR20 - Device Connection

@kzog711 wrote:

Hi everyone! I have a question about connecting my Wi-Fi Thermostat to my Orbi. I have a Honeywell thermostat and I set it in WiFi Setup mode but can't find it in my device list on the Orbi. How would I go about finding this? Thanks!

Put the thermostat in WIFI setup mode, (you said you already did)

Use your phone, laptop or tablet to connect to the thermostat's WIFI.

Connect to the network called NewThermostat_123456 (something close).

Access the Thermostat Wi-Fi Setup page, open a web browser on your wireless device. It should automatically direct you to the correct page, but if it doesn't, go to http://192.168.1.1.
Locate the name of your home network, on the Thermostat Wi-Fi Setup page, and click its Connect button.
Join your network.
Enter Password for your network.

When it shows successful on the Honeywell Thermostat and app it should show up under another name in your Orbi app or WEB GUI. From there, in the app or WEB GUI, you can change the name to whatever you want. 

To use the app you have to follow the instructions to register a free account with Honeywell.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7