Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi RBR20 Losing Configuration

FURRYe38
Guru

Glad you got it all working now. Thanks for letting us know the process. 

Ya, I never use Chrome. Google makes too many changes and it's too intrusive on data collection. Keep with Firefox or IE or try Edge. 

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

@sjayt wrote:

OP here. 

This weekend I took the advice of this thread and things I had learned, and have resolved the issue.

1) I didn't use the mobile app. I used an ethernet connected PC, and using Firefox, I connected to orbilogin.com. I had wasted lots of time at the beginning of this trying to use Chrome - which refuses to login correctly, and had to find in a forum that Chrome doesn't work. Would be nice if NG would fix that BUG.

2) I downloaded both of the new .48 firmware zip files (one for the Satellites, one for the router) and extracted the .img files).

3) I installed the satellite firmware updates first. Tedious doing three separate installs, but no problems.

4) I installed the router firmware update. No problems. I downloaded a backup config after all the updates for safekeeping.

After restarting everything, it all works. No issues at all. In fact I'm getting better connection on one of the daisy-chained satellites than before the update.

I'm ready to call this case closed. Thanks all.

Message 76 of 84
sjayt
Guide

Chrome (for me) won't accept the default login, but simply cycles back to the login screen, over and over. Just plain won't login with any credentials.

This is something I saw elsewhere in these forums. 

Message 77 of 84
FURRYe38
Guru

And you did clear all browser caches, PW history, exit the browser then re-launch and try again? I know that seem to help Opera. 

Message 78 of 84
sjayt
Guide

Yes, did all that. Cleared cache, restarted chrome, forced reloads. Even tried incoginto mode. Chrome wouldn't connect. Firefox did.

Didn't want to waste more time debugging it.

Message 79 of 84
FURRYe38
Guru

Smiley Wink

Message 80 of 84
Steve_Hil
Tutor

CLI FTW 😉

-------------

@sjayt wrote:

Yes, did all that. Cleared cache, restarted chrome, forced reloads. Even tried incoginto mode. Chrome wouldn't connect. Firefox did.

Didn't want to waste more time debugging it.

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router, RBW30|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Add-on Satellite
Message 81 of 84
Steve_Hil
Tutor

FYI.. My Orbi reports FW 2.3.1.58 is available for the base RBR router. The Netgear Support / Download pages have no references to it, yet.

According to the Orbi itself: V2.3.1.58 Release Notes: [Bug Fix] Fixes the issue where the time zone can't sync with the satellite. [Bug Fix] Fixes issues with the guest network control using Alexa. [Bug Fix] Includes security fixes.

However, my RBR20 CLI reports:
root@RBR20:/# uptime 16:17:09 up 11 days, 8:04, 2 users, load average: 0.62, 0.55, 0.52

So I'm not updating to new FW at this time. I did experience ONE unplanned reboot under V2.3.1.48, but so far, it's remained stable. I did not lose config after that reboot.

For now, I'll consider the issue resolved.

Support has a bunch of new questions, after our last discussion, so I'll update them, and send one final copy of the latest debug logs, but with 11 days uptime, I don't expect any logs to show anything, and this overall issue appears to be resolved.

Thanks, and good luck, folks.

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router, RBW30|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Add-on Satellite
Message 82 of 84
Steve_Hil
Tutor

Some of you may find this interesting/useful.. it's a record of each update Feature/Fix info.

https://http.fw.updates1.netgear.com/rbr20/ww/stringtable.dat

[Changes]
<MSG2062>= Initial release.

<MSG2064>=[New Feature] The second release for RBR20 and RBS20 with Canada Power table.

<MSG2410>=[Bug Fix] Fixes the issue where Orbi app displays a "Router Not Setup" message and requests the user to setup their Orbi router again even though the user already completed the Orbi router installation. [Bug Fix] Fixes issues where Internet access is not available on some devices, but available on others. [Bug Fix] Fixes an issue where Satellites get disconnected from Router. [Bug Fix] Protection for the MDNS packet flood issue. [Bug Fix] Addresses an issue where websites set to unmanaged are unreachableMultiple other connectivity & RF improvement. [Known issue] When user has two or more Orbi satellites connected to Orbi router using Ethernet backhaul connection, an Orbi satellite might not connect to the Orbi router after the firmware update. A workaround solution is to reboot the Orbi router and then wait for 2-5 minutes.

<MSG2416>=[Bug Fix] Fixes issues with the Apple HomeKit connectivity. [Bug Fix] Fixes the wireless crash and reboot issue when the router is under stress. [Bug Fix] Fixes WiFi disconnection and IOT issues. [Bug Fix] Fixes an issue where devices on the Guest Network are able to see (but not connect to) some devices on the main network. [Bug Fix] Fixes an issue where device boot order caused devices connected over Ethernet Backhaul to connect wireless backhaul. [Enhancement] Updates the OpenVPN certificate from MD5 to SHA-256.

<MSG2210>=[New Feature] Support for Orbi Voice. [New Feature] Orbi Outdoor Satellite support in Europe & Australia. [New Feature] Stability & performance related bug fixes. [Bug Fix] Bug fixes for Ethernet backhaul

<MSG2328>=[New Feature] Adds customer firmware pull. [New Feature] Expands the IP reservation function from 64 clients to 253 devices. [New Feature] Adds weak admin password checking. [Bug Fix] Fixes some issues.

<MSG2344>=[Bug Fix] Fixes the firmware update issue for Japan, Australia, and Canada.

<MSG2348>=[Bug Fix] Fixes the GUI display issue when the language is set to Japanese.

<MSG2358>=[Bug Fix] Fixes the issue where the time zone can't sync with the satellite. [Bug Fix] Fixes issues with the guest network control using Alexa. [Bug Fix] Includes security fixes.

Message 83 of 84
FURRYe38
Guru

Thanks for letting us know. 

@Steve_Hil wrote:

Some of you may find this interesting/useful.. it's a record of each update Feature/Fix info.

https://http.fw.updates1.netgear.com/rbr20/ww/stringtable.dat

[Changes]
<MSG2062>= Initial release.

<MSG2064>=[New Feature] The second release for RBR20 and RBS20 with Canada Power table.

<MSG2410>=[Bug Fix] Fixes the issue where Orbi app displays a "Router Not Setup" message and requests the user to setup their Orbi router again even though the user already completed the Orbi router installation. [Bug Fix] Fixes issues where Internet access is not available on some devices, but available on others. [Bug Fix] Fixes an issue where Satellites get disconnected from Router. [Bug Fix] Protection for the MDNS packet flood issue. [Bug Fix] Addresses an issue where websites set to unmanaged are unreachableMultiple other connectivity & RF improvement. [Known issue] When user has two or more Orbi satellites connected to Orbi router using Ethernet backhaul connection, an Orbi satellite might not connect to the Orbi router after the firmware update. A workaround solution is to reboot the Orbi router and then wait for 2-5 minutes.

<MSG2416>=[Bug Fix] Fixes issues with the Apple HomeKit connectivity. [Bug Fix] Fixes the wireless crash and reboot issue when the router is under stress. [Bug Fix] Fixes WiFi disconnection and IOT issues. [Bug Fix] Fixes an issue where devices on the Guest Network are able to see (but not connect to) some devices on the main network. [Bug Fix] Fixes an issue where device boot order caused devices connected over Ethernet Backhaul to connect wireless backhaul. [Enhancement] Updates the OpenVPN certificate from MD5 to SHA-256.

<MSG2210>=[New Feature] Support for Orbi Voice. [New Feature] Orbi Outdoor Satellite support in Europe & Australia. [New Feature] Stability & performance related bug fixes. [Bug Fix] Bug fixes for Ethernet backhaul

<MSG2328>=[New Feature] Adds customer firmware pull. [New Feature] Expands the IP reservation function from 64 clients to 253 devices. [New Feature] Adds weak admin password checking. [Bug Fix] Fixes some issues.

<MSG2344>=[Bug Fix] Fixes the firmware update issue for Japan, Australia, and Canada.

<MSG2348>=[Bug Fix] Fixes the GUI display issue when the language is set to Japanese.

<MSG2358>=[Bug Fix] Fixes the issue where the time zone can't sync with the satellite. [Bug Fix] Fixes issues with the guest network control using Alexa. [Bug Fix] Includes security fixes.

Message 84 of 84
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 83 replies
  • 17 kudos
  • 15 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7