Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi RBR20 Losing device autorization

mumugalou
Aspirant

Orbi RBR20 Losing device autorization

Hello,

I'm using the acces control for more than one year without any problem.

But recently, i have tried to add 2 new devices to the allowed list, it works for some time and then randomly, the 2 new device are set back to the blocked status without any reasons.

It is really boring, any idea of the rootcause ?

Thanks for your help.

Firmware V2.3.1.58

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
CrimpOn
Guru

Well, my theory about the "app" doesn't seem to be pertinent.  One thing I keep forgetting to do is click on the "Apply" button.  I do my business and go on to something else and then wonder why my change didn't take.   You are probably more careful.  So, "I got nothing".

People just hate doing a factory reset, but sometimes it is the only thing that works.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Was the FW recently updated when you started noticing this problem? 

If so, you may need to perform a factory reset and setup from scratch and then re-configure Access controls. 

Message 2 of 5
CrimpOn
Guru

@mumugalou wrote:

I'm using the acces control for more than one year without any problem.

But recently, i have tried to add 2 new devices to the allowed list, it works for some time and then randomly, the 2 new device are set back to the blocked status without any reasons.

Are you setting Access Control using the web interface or a smartphone app?

Message 3 of 5
mumugalou
Aspirant

I'm using web interface

Message 4 of 5
CrimpOn
Guru

Well, my theory about the "app" doesn't seem to be pertinent.  One thing I keep forgetting to do is click on the "Apply" button.  I do my business and go on to something else and then wonder why my change didn't take.   You are probably more careful.  So, "I got nothing".

People just hate doing a factory reset, but sometimes it is the only thing that works.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7