Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBR20, PS4 and Denon Receiver don't reconnect when coming out of sleep

SonicGT
Aspirant

Orbi RBR20, PS4 and Denon Receiver don't reconnect when coming out of sleep

I just upgraded from an old linksys route to the orbi setup.

I got everything connected but have noticed my PS4 and my Denon receiver don't seem to auto reconnect when coming out of sleep.  If I go into the devices settings and tell it to reconnect, it does so just fine.  It was all working on my old router so it is obviously related to the Orbi.  Is this a known issue or is there something I should look at specifically?  I am not turning off any devices in my orbi app or web console.

Message 1 of 4
ekhalil
Master

Re: Orbi RBR20, PS4 and Denon Receiver don't reconnect when coming out of sleep

It looks to me that the issue is in the devices (PS4 and Denon) not rememberting Orbi's wifi network and credentials. If you change Orbi's SSID and wifi security and password to what was working with Lynksys then probably all will work again.

Message 2 of 4
SonicGT
Aspirant

So I don't have to actually reconnect to the SSID by typing the password again, I just have to force it to reconnect by doing test internet connection. it then gets DHCP.  It seems to actually be connected in some way, just doesn't retain or get an IP address or DNS until I force it to check the status of connection.

I am using the same ssid and wpa2 setting that I had with my prior router

Message 3 of 4
ekhalil
Master

Yes, it seems that the PS4 is dropping wifi connection when in rest mode since it will be in a low power state, then failing to re-establish a connection as the PS4's resources are limited.

I see many people raising similar concerns in PS4 forums, please see examples below:

https://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/PS4-Support/NW-31175-7-No-wifi-connection-in-standby-mode/m-...

https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge/fixed-ps4-not-connecting-to-wifi-after-update/

If the suggestions on those forums do not fix your problem then do you have any possibility to use wired connections to those devices, maybe using repeaters or powerline adapters?

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7