Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBR20 constantly dropping connection on all supported devices (since upgrade to V2.3.5.26).

Pbryant
Aspirant

Orbi RBR20 constantly dropping connection on all supported devices (since upgrade to V2.3.5.26).

Orbi RBR20 constantly dropping connection on all supported devices (since upgrade to V2.3.5.26). Connections last only a minute or two. Started immediately upon upgrade two days ago. Today, I had to reboot the system (due to inability to sign in) to continue to experience the same problems with dropped connections. Anyone else experiencing this problem, or does a known solution exist? Of course,l have a satelite RBS20 with the same version of firmware upgrade. Strange thing, when I use a VPN, I can access websites even though it appears that I have a sign-in problem to the router signal (a strong signal fan with an asterisk through it). 

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
Pbryant
Aspirant

Re: Orbi RBR20 constantly dropping connection on all supported devices (since upgrade to V2.3.5.26)

Update to Orbi RBR20 problem.

The problem has been solved. Corrected problem through use of the ORBILogin web-based site. I thank everyone for their assistance. 

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi RBR20 constantly dropping connection on all supported devices (since upgrade to V2.3.5.26)

What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?
Is the Orbi system operating in Router or AP mode?

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between them to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Try enabling Beamforming and MIMO(MIMO may or maynot be needed) and WMM. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

Try disabling the following and see:
Daisy Chain, Fast Roaming, IPv6 and Set 20/40Mhz Coexistence to 40Mhz only. Save settings and reboot the router and satellite(s).

Try a factory reset on the RBR and then setup from scratch...

Message 2 of 4
Pbryant
Aspirant

Update to Orbi RBR20 problem.

The problem has been solved. Corrected problem through use of the ORBILogin web-based site. I thank everyone for their assistance. 

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

How did you get it working?

Please let us know.

Mark your post as solved so others will know. 

Enjoy. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7