Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi RBR20 firmware update

seagreen
Aspirant

Orbi RBR20 firmware update

Trying to update the firmware on our RBR20 devices via the iOS app per the instructions.  I’m stuck on the checking for new firmware step.  I keep getting a firmware check error stating that “There was a problem checking firmware update”.  

Current firmware is reported as 2.3.1.44 which according to the email I got is not the current version.

Is there another way to update the firmware other than  the app?

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
CrimpOn
Guru

Yes.  Use a web browser to connect to the Orbi router (Safari is fine) and navigate to Advanced Tab->Administration->Firmware Update.

There are two choices on this page:

1. The Online Update is easiest.
  2. If Online fails, select the Manual Update.  You first have to go to the Netgear Orbi Download site and get the firmware for the RBR20 and "extract" the .img file from the .zip file.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
CrimpOn
Guru

Yes.  Use a web browser to connect to the Orbi router (Safari is fine) and navigate to Advanced Tab->Administration->Firmware Update.

There are two choices on this page:

1. The Online Update is easiest.
  2. If Online fails, select the Manual Update.  You first have to go to the Netgear Orbi Download site and get the firmware for the RBR20 and "extract" the .img file from the .zip file.

Message 2 of 3
seagreen
Aspirant

Yes, I got it that way via my PC.   Via the iOS app wasn't working.  Thank you.   

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7