Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBR20 how to use with RBR50 for kids room

Ohmedic88
Follower

Orbi RBR20 how to use with RBR50 for kids room

Idiot purchase. Im in the Dog House. My wife says we can no longer stream in the master bedroom. My son needed a wired connection for his computer so I moved my satelite to his room so he could have internet. His room is not far from the RBR50 router. Could I link the RBR20 via cable to his room for him to use? would the RBR20 be any benifit or should I just run a cable to his computer and direct line it to the RBR50?

Not sure if I can return this router (Amazon used purchase) and really don't want to spend a small fortune for a brand new satelite to get better coverage in the masterbedroom.

Would appreciate any suggestions that is not a budget breaker.

Eric

Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi RBR20 how to use with RBR50 for kids room

You can configure the RBR20 for AP mode and wire connect it to the main RBR50. It would be working as a separate Wifi SSID name. Would need to use channels on 2.4 and 5Ghz farthest away from what the RBR50 uses. 

The RBR20 can't be used like a satellite. 

@Ohmedic88 wrote:

Idiot purchase. Im in the Dog House. My wife says we can no longer stream in the master bedroom. My son needed a wired connection for his computer so I moved my satelite to his room so he could have internet. His room is not far from the RBR50 router. Could I link the RBR20 via cable to his room for him to use? would the RBR20 be any benifit or should I just run a cable to his computer and direct line it to the RBR50?

Not sure if I can return this router (Amazon used purchase) and really don't want to spend a small fortune for a brand new satelite to get better coverage in the masterbedroom.

Would appreciate any suggestions that is not a budget breaker.

Eric

Message 2 of 3

Re: Orbi RBR20 how to use with RBR50 for kids room

If the device in the master bedroom has Ethernet then I'd look at  Powerline Ethernet. Uses the mains circuit to connect you to the router. Great for streaming. Easier to set up and manage than wifi, and less prone to interference

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7