Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBR20 no connection to internet solved

Loubells
Tutor

Orbi RBR20 no connection to internet solved

After 5 hours of trying to get the orbi going i managed to get into the router went to internet setup then went and checked the box does the internet require a login i checked yes. I then contacted my (ISP) Internet service provider and asked for my internet login and password that they automatically give you. You may not be aware they have one for you however mine had a login no password. You then enter that in and click apply. You should after that go to the app and retry the installation process. Hope this helps. By the way it took me 5 phone calls to my ISP to finally get someone who knew what they were talking about to give me my login. To get into the router you type in the IP of the router into a web browser its on the bottom of your router or if you have an android phone you can long press on the wifi icon tap the settings icon and tap manage router and that will take you to the router login. Hope this helps.
Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
Loubells
Tutor

Re: Orbi RBR20 no connection to internet solved

And my ISP told me no password was needed for thg that login name. 😊

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6

All Replies
CrimpOn
Guru

Would you mind sharing the name of the Internet Service Provider (not your secret login information)?

The explanation seems inconsistent.  The text leaves the impression that you needed to have a user login, but no password, yet the screen shot has checked "no".

Message 2 of 6
Loubells
Tutor

Hi sorry I did that with pic to show where to go but clicked no to hide my user name info. I do apologize if it confuses people I'm with Vodafone however. The orbi is amazing by the way but straight out of the box should work instantly not 5 hours of mucking around.
Message 3 of 6
Loubells
Tutor

And my ISP told me no password was needed for thg that login name. 😊
Message 4 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Please mark your post thread as solved so others will know. Thank you for sharing. 

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

@Loubells wrote:
After 5 hours of trying to get the orbi going i managed to get into the router went to internet setup then went and checked the box does the internet require a login i checked yes. I then contacted my (ISP) Internet service provider and asked for my internet login and password that they automatically give you. You may not be aware they have one for you however mine had a login no password. You then enter that in and click apply. You should after that go to the app and retry the installation process. Hope this helps. By the way it took me 5 phone calls to my ISP to finally get someone who knew what they were talking about to give me my login. To get into the router you type in the IP of the router into a web browser its on the bottom of your router or if you have an android phone you can long press on the wifi icon tap the settings icon and tap manage router and that will take you to the router login. Hope this helps.

Message 5 of 6
pastormyke
Aspirant

fios

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements