Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi RBR20 not updating to latest firmware

bobbyp68
Aspirant

Orbi RBR20 not updating to latest firmware

Just did a factor refresh or this router.  It recognized that the firmware was out of date and updated.  The version that it updated to is 2.5.1.16.  The latest version is 2.6.1.36.  Why isn't either the app or the web router page not seeing the newest firmware and updating?  I don't really want to manually update.  Thanks.

Message 1 of 7
vajim
Master

@bobbyp68 wrote:

I don't really want to manually update.  

Refresh?

Then don't 

Message 2 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

You can manually download FW files and manually apply them using a PC and web browser. Always update the RBS first then RBR lastly. 

Good luck. 

@bobbyp68 wrote:

Just did a factor refresh or this router.  It recognized that the firmware was out of date and updated.  The version that it updated to is 2.5.1.16.  The latest version is 2.6.1.36.  Why isn't either the app or the web router page not seeing the newest firmware and updating?  I don't really want to manually update.  Thanks.

Message 3 of 7
bobbyp68
Aspirant

🤔

Message 4 of 7
bobbyp68
Aspirant

Modem is Arris Surfboard Sb 6190.

When you manually update how do you know you are updating the main router vs the satellite?  

Message 5 of 7
vajim
Master

Message 6 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Log into the RBS web page with a PC and browser, then do same with RBR after you update the RBS. 

@bobbyp68 wrote:

Modem is Arris Surfboard Sb 6190.

When you manually update how do you know you are updating the main router vs the satellite?  

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7