Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBR20 - upgrading Firmware from 2.3.5.26 to 2.3.5.36

Ruskiwi
Aspirant

Orbi RBR20 - upgrading Firmware from 2.3.5.26 to 2.3.5.36

Greetings.  Received an email from Netgear recently that a new firmware version was available and to upgrade (V2.3.5.36). Logged in to Netgear Support and found 2.3.5.36 to download which I have done.  Yet I can see no confimation of this in either the web browser or phone app management interfaces where it still refers to 2.3.5.26 as the current firmware version.  Anyone got any experience with this?  Thanks, Regards, Russell. 

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi RBR20 - upgrading Firmware from 2.3.5.26 to 2.3.5.36

You can manually update to v36 by downloading the RBS and RBR FW files from NG download site. Using a wired PC and Web browser, send the RBS FW file first, then update the RBR lastly. 

Also if the system is working well, you don't have to update FW. 

The Orbi App or Web page may not reflect new FW as it may not be posted to the Update servers as of yet.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

You can manually update to v36 by downloading the RBS and RBR FW files from NG download site. Using a wired PC and Web browser, send the RBS FW file first, then update the RBR lastly. 

Also if the system is working well, you don't have to update FW. 

The Orbi App or Web page may not reflect new FW as it may not be posted to the Update servers as of yet.

Message 2 of 4
Ruskiwi
Aspirant

Many thanks for the prompt response and your knowledge. All things considered, your Option B seems the one I'll go for: "if it ain't broken, don't try to fix it" !  I'll wait until a mandatory FW upgrade notificatiion appears.  Thanks again. 

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Enjoy. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation