Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBR20 won’t hold connection

Pgjackso
Aspirant

Orbi RBR20 won’t hold connection

We powered down the ORBI RBR 20 and ISP modem to reconfigure our office. Prior to this, it worked great. After restarting it, it repeatedly looses internet connection. I also downloaded a firmware update this morning, not sure if that helped or hurt.

I’ve rebooted the ISP modem and Orbi numerous times and it doesn’t fix it. Please help??
Message 1 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi RBR20 won’t hold connection

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

What the modem and RBR disconnected and reconnected during the office change?

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update? 

Message 2 of 6
Pgjackso
Aspirant

What Firmware version is currently loaded?2.7.3.22
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too? Lucent-Alcatel. Modem unknown. It provides Cox Gigablast internet
What the modem and RBR disconnected and reconnected during the office change?yes everything was disconnected and reconnected

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update? Yes attempted twice last night but no change and appears to not have taken the reset.

FYI I’m going to attempt a firmware rollback in a few minutes
Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Id power OFF the modem again while doing the FW update and then power OFF the RBR as well. Then power ON the modem then RBR. 

Enusre the lan cable is good between the modem and RBR. CAT6 is recommended. Make sure the plugs are seated well. 

Message 4 of 6
Pgjackso
Aspirant

I semi-successfully rolled back the firmware to the last known good version 2.6.2.104. I connected to one of the satellites thinking it would update only that one but it seems to have updated the router only and the satellites are on the later firmware version. The WiFi has stabilized now so that seems to have solved it.

What is the impact of having satellites on later FW than the router?
Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Unless you notice something bad happening, you can run more recent version of FW on RBS while RBR is running older. 

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7