Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBR20

skymetal
Aspirant

Orbi RBR20

I switched internet providers and purchased a Nighthawk X6S AC4000 wifi router.  I also previously had the Orbi RBR20.  The orbi is not connecting or meshing with my new nighthawk.  Can anyone tell me why?  I have tried uninstalling the app and doing a fresh reconnect.  

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
skymetal
Aspirant

Re: Orbi RBR20

I ended up calling customer service and had to purchase a plan to get help. Had to reset the orbi router and do the manual setup on orbionline.net. got it to work

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 6

All Replies
plemans
Guru

X6s isn't a model. neither is ac4000, its a speed. which model is it?

Are you going modem-----AC4000------orbi? 

If so, do you have the orbi in AP (access point) mode? 

Otherwise you're running 2 routers in router mode on your network and you end up with a double nat which can cause your issue. 

Message 2 of 6
CrimpOn
Guru

Perhaps this is it: https://www.amazon.com/NETGEAR-Nighthawk-Tri-band-Ethernet-Compatible/dp/B072LZZZXB 

Certainly a combination router/WiFi.

Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Any progress on this? 

@skymetal wrote:

I switched internet providers and purchased a Nighthawk X6S AC4000 wifi router.  I also previously had the Orbi RBR20.  The orbi is not connecting or meshing with my new nighthawk.  Can anyone tell me why?  I have tried uninstalling the app and doing a fresh reconnect.  

Message 4 of 6
skymetal
Aspirant

I ended up calling customer service and had to purchase a plan to get help. Had to reset the orbi router and do the manual setup on orbionline.net. got it to work
Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Ok. Glad you got it working. Please mark your thread as solved so others will know. 

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7