Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBR350 Satellite constant white flashing light

Wishawpubs
Aspirant

Orbi RBR350 Satellite constant white flashing light

Last night I wanted to attached the my Orbi RBR350 to another router for testing purposes. I switched the device from router to AP mode. After the switch one of the 2 satellites wouldn't reconnect to the router, and now the light just flashes white.

Normally I have the networked connected to a Virgin Media router which is in modem mode. However, I've been testing a Tenda 4G+ router and wanted to bridge the network to that. I did this a few weeks ago without issue.

I've performed a factory reset on all 3 devices. Only the router and 1 satellite reconnect.

The non-working device will connect to the network via a LAN cable with the light turning to blue before going out. I can access the admin page, but the status wheel just keeps turning. I can also access the debug and hidden info menu, but not firmware update.

Also, I can connect to the device via my laptop and a static IP address via 192.168.1.250.

The device also seems to create 3 wifi connections : Backhaul, Guest and whc-D8A9A5.

I've tired a number of hard resets, and forcing a firmware update (might be doing this wrong though) but nothing seems to work. It also won't let me connect via telnet.

In the debug page there are a number of errors:

2.4G Coexist:            read failed for part : No error information in nvram_create_local opening file /tmp/nvram failed: No such file or directory Error opening file /tmp/nvram : No such file or directory in func nvram_create_hash Error while creating hash of nvram NVRAM Init error
2.4G Channel:            read failed for part : No error information in nvram_create_local opening file /tmp/nvram failed: No such file or directory Error opening file /tmp/nvram : No such file or directory in func nvram_create_hash Error while creating hash of nvram NVRAM Init error
5G Channel:              read failed for part : No error information in nvram_create_local opening file /tmp/nvram failed: No such file or directory Error opening file /tmp/nvram : No such file or directory in func nvram_create_hash Error while creating hash of nvram NVRAM Init error
start page:              read failed for part : No error information in nvram_create_local opening file /tmp/nvram failed: No such file or directory Error opening file /tmp/nvram : No such file or directory in func nvram_create_hash Error while creating hash of nvram NVRAM Init error

The kit is only 10 months old and has worked without issue until yesterday.

I was wondering if anyone else has had the same issue?

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
Wishawpubs
Aspirant

Re: Orbi RBR350 Satellite constant white flashing light

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the Orbi AX (WiFi 6) products. Most of the people who watch that forum are more likely to have experience with Orbi AX. Might be more likely to find someone who has a solution if the question is posted there:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/bd-p/en-home-orbi-ax

Please use this link to the main forum product list to review and choose where to make your posts. 
https://community.netgear.com/t5/NETGEAR-Forum/ct-p/en-netgear

Thank you

Message 2 of 3
Wishawpubs
Aspirant

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation