Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBR40 AC2200, Wifi drops off when trying to connect Alexa.

TFO
Aspirant
Aspirant

Orbi RBR40 AC2200, Wifi drops off when trying to connect Alexa.

I just purchsed the Orbi RBR40 last Saturday.  Wifi is fast and working great except I am unable to connect my Alexa and Alexa Dot.  I tried resetting both and it still will not connect. When I try to connect to the Amazon wifi, the Orbi wifi drops off everytime.  Both were conncected to my old wifi.  Any advise would be appreciated. Thanks! 

Model: RBK40| Orbi AC2200 WiFi System
Message 1 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi RBR40 AC2200, Wifi drops off when trying to connect Alexa.

These devices have there own wifi broadcast?

You might try this, Disable WPA on the router temporarily. Then try to connect Alexa to the router. Does it connect then? Then try enabling WPA and TPIK only and see. Then try WPA2 and AES only.

Message 2 of 6
TFO
Aspirant
Aspirant

I tried all of the above and still no luck.  Any other advice?

Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

So Alexa doesn't connect even with the wifi security disabled? If so, then I presume this device is faulty. Needs to be replaced.

Message 4 of 6
TFO
Aspirant
Aspirant

Are you saying the Aelxa needs to be replaced or the Orbi?  The Dot will not connect either.  Both were connected to my old wifi with no problem. 

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Did you disable MIMO, Daisy Chain and Fast Roaming on the router?

What FW version is the Orbi using currently? 

If other devices connect fine to the Orbi and both Alexa and Dot don't, even if you disabled wifi security temporarily and you've tried everything else, seems like there is a problem with Alexa and Dot.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7