Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBR40 - Can I make it work with 4G LTE

MFC12
Follower

Orbi RBR40 - Can I make it work with 4G LTE

I'd like to switch to a 4G LTE internet provider. However, the Orbi router does not have a port for a sim card. It doesn't have a USB port either.  I've seen some devices that look like they can be attached to make it work.   So far, I've seen a Netgear modem (LBR20) that costs $129.  But, I also see less expensive 4G LTE adapters that can be plugged in with USB connection.  I would have to get an ethernet to USB adapter as well. Does anyone have any recommendations for which devices would work?

Message 1 of 2
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Orbi RBR40 - Can I make it work with 4G LTE

@MFC12 wrote:

I'd like to switch to a 4G LTE internet provider. However, the Orbi router does not have a port for a sim card. It doesn't have a USB port either.  I've seen some devices that look like they can be attached to make it work.   So far, I've seen a Netgear modem (LBR20) that costs $129.  But, I also see less expensive 4G LTE adapters that can be plugged in with USB connection.  I would have to get an ethernet to USB adapter as well. Does anyone have any recommendations for which devices would work?

Orbi WiFi routers are designed for the WAN (yellow) ethernet port to be connected to an internet modem ethernet port.  What you need is an LTE device from any vendor that features an ethernet LAN connection that the Orbi can connect to.

Netgear sells three models:

https://www.netgear.com/home/products/mobile-broadband/lte-modems/ 

There is no advantage in purchasing a Netgear LTE modem. What is REALLY IMPORTANT is that the LTE modem works with your LTE mobile provider.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7