Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBR40 IP assignment on home network

randym44
Aspirant

Orbi RBR40 IP assignment on home network

Just set up my Orbi RBR40. All works fine for wireless net access for any new devices that connect.  I'm having a problem though connecting to devices that are ethernet connected (desktop) as my Cisco router assigns IP addresses with 192.168.0, while the Orbi is 192.168.1

I have a wireless printer that obviously is being assigned a 192.168.1.X address by Orbi, but I can't print to it from my desktop as it is a 192.168.0.X address.

Wondering if there's an easy solution. Don't want to completely mess up everything and am preferring to keep my LAN set as 192.168.0.  Is there an easy way to change the Orbi settings to use .0 instead of .1.  and not run into a bunch of conflicts.  I'm sure you can tell I'm not a network guy, but can get through basic changes as needed. 

Thanks.

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
st_shaw
Master

Re: Orbi RBR40 IP assignment on home network

Set Orbi into Access Point mode.

Right now you have two routers, each on distinct subnets that cannot communitace, and some of your devices are on each subnet. 

Google "Orbi User Manual" see page 83.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
st_shaw
Master

Set Orbi into Access Point mode.

Right now you have two routers, each on distinct subnets that cannot communitace, and some of your devices are on each subnet. 

Google "Orbi User Manual" see page 83.

Message 2 of 3
randym44
Aspirant

Perfect.  Thanks for the quick and easy fix.  

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7