Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBR40 Keeps Rebooting

robertkat
Follower

Orbi RBR40 Keeps Rebooting

My router keeps rebooting. We loose internet, I walk over to the router and it is flashing white ring, in about 2 min we are back online. It just started doing this a couple days ago, and does this 5-10 times a day now. 

Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi RBR40 Keeps Rebooting

Has a power off for 1 minute then back on been performed since last update?
Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update? 

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Is Armor or Circle enabled? 

Message 2 of 3
fmalloy
Luminary

Re: Orbi RBR40 Keeps Rebooting

My RBR20 did this soon after I bought it. I tried everything (resets, different power supply, change settings, etc.) but it would just spontaneously reboot about once or twice a day - yours is more frequent. 

I ended up opening a case with Netgear and they sent me a replacement router (albeit a USED one with a really old serial #!), and that one has been solid, except for the fact that the speed drops after a few days and I have to manually reboot it, but that's another story...

Probably a defective unit. I hope yours is still under warranty. If not, I would call it a loss and buy a non-Netgear router. I've had two different Netgear models (Nighthawk and Orbi) and both have given me trouble.

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7