Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi RBR40 Satellite devices

Zmann24
Aspirant

Orbi RBR40 Satellite devices

Can I add netgear satellite devices other than the RBS20 to extend the mesh system tied to my Orbi RBR40?  I currently have 2 RBS20’s along with the RBR40, but was interested in adding one or two more satellite devices to further extend the coverage and wasn’t sure if I had options other than the Orbi RBS units or Orbi RBW units.

Model: RBS40|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Add-on Satellite
Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

the orbi satellites are compatible with all the systems. the only difference is the RBR50 system has a wider backhaul but since you have the RBR40, it'll be fine. 

Message 2 of 4
Zmann24
Aspirant

Thanks for your response.  Is it also possible to use other Netgear equipment (not necessarily Orbi), such as the NETGEAR Nighthawk® AC2200 X4 WiFi Mesh Extender (EX7300-100NAS)?

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Others have reporting using EX8000 series with orbi. There was a problem found by one user that his EX8 series would no longer connect to Orbi. NG have him a beta. I found this issue as well with my EX7700 series. A beta FW file fix the EX7700. I don't know if older model EX will exhibit the same issue or will be compatible. So far EX7 and 8 series are. 

@Zmann24 wrote:

Thanks for your response.  Is it also possible to use other Netgear equipment (not necessarily Orbi), such as the NETGEAR Nighthawk® AC2200 X4 WiFi Mesh Extender (EX7300-100NAS)?

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7