Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBR40 Slow Ethernet Connection

cschrader
Aspirant

Orbi RBR40 Slow Ethernet Connection

I've setup a new internet connection in my house and I'm experiencing something weird I didn't before.  I preivously has AT&T DSL that was a very slow plan (18mbps down, 1.5 mbps up, but really was always about half that).  I've got a comcast business internet (100 mbps / 15 mbps) now and with running different speed tests, my desktop plugged into ethernet is getting significantly slower speeds than my wifi connections.  I never noticed a difference between wired and wireless due to the slow connection previously.

I have an Orbi RBR40 with 2 satellites.  Router Firmware Version V2.5.1.16.  I get about 40 mbps / 1.5 mbps on ethernet, and I get my full amount plugged directly into modem (Netgear CM700) or on wifi devices (Macbook pro laptop).  Desktop is windows 10 with intel built in NIC card.

I've tried replacing the ethernet cable, changing the ethernet port, and no luck.  Same result.  I've rebooted the Orbi and the modem.  From everything I can tell, the ethernet cable is fine.  The line shows 1 gbps connection to ethernet with Cat6E cable.

What else could be wrong?

Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi RBR40 Slow Ethernet Connection

Has a power off for 1 minute then back ON with the ISP modem and Orbi system been performed since last update?

Do you have Amor or Circle enabled? 

One User Experience/Configuration:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Most-Stable-Orbi-Configuration/m-p/1941087/highlight/true#M970...

You can find other speed diagnosis steps in the community faq: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/Community-FAQ-My-Orbi-speeds-are-slow-inconsistent-and-don-...

Message 2 of 3
cschrader
Aspirant

Re: Orbi RBR40 Slow Ethernet Connection

Thanks @FURRYe38 for your help.  The orbi has been off for a minute and the modem too.  Armor and circle are both disabled.  Still consistently getting about 40 mbps down, and 1-2 mbps up hardwire, and 100+/10+ on wireless.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7