Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi RBR40 "the default gateway is not available"

Ran_P
Aspirant

Orbi RBR40 "the default gateway is not available"

I'm using RBR40 Router with RBS20 satellites. It works fine at the first few days. Today, it keep letting my disconnected, and can be fixed by win10 troubleshooter automatically with the error report " the default gateway is not available".

It's really annoying, can you help me solve this problem?

Thanks so much!

Message 1 of 4
CrimpOn
Guru

Is this computer connected with ethernet cable or WiFi?

Does this happen while the Windows 10 computer is being used, or when the computer has "gone to sleep" and been woken up?

I documented an error in my Windows 10 laptop connected with ethernet that when I close the lid, it goes to sleep.  When I open the lid it wakes up, but does not complete the DHCP process to get an IP address, subnet mask, gateway IP, and DNS IP.  (I get that stupid picture in the Task Bar that looks like a Globe.)  This error is defintely in Win 10, not in the Orbi.

Message 2 of 4
Ran_P
Aspirant

Thank you so much!

Mine is happenning while running. I have 3 devices, 1 Win10 desktop, 1 mobile phone, 1 Win10 laptop, they are facing this problem together. Once it happens, 3 devices have no internet connection at the same time(still have wifi from orbi, just no internet); And once 1 device troubleshooted this problem with Win10 automatic troubleshooter, other devices will also be recovered.

Message 3 of 4
CrimpOn
Guru

Before running the network troubleshooter, can you open a Command Window and type this command:

ipconfig /all

Then type the same command after running the troubleshooter.

(see attached image) The question is what your system shows for gateway before and after.  My PC is connected through the ethernet port.  If your PC is connected through WiFi, the gateway will appear under that network adapter.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7