Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi RBR40 status shows "NO CONNECTION"

Iknowbetter
Aspirant

Orbi RBR40 status shows "NO CONNECTION"

*This is NOT about an RBR50 but I chose it since RBR40 is NOT an option for the Model in this forum.*

I am having periodic problems with the RBR40 connecting to the Internet through my NETGEAR Gateway C6300. The RBR40 is set up as an AP and is connected to a LAN port on the C6300. The C6300 shows it has a connection to the Internet both on the front panel LEDs and on the router's admin console.

I am not having wireless connectivity issues but I will experience trouble accessing the Internet on occassion and when I check the RBR40, the Internet status shows "NO CONNECTION" and the AP itself glows purple. I've restarted/rebooted/powercycled both the RBR40 and the C6300 and while it works for a while, the RBR40 will again lose connectivity. 

Router Firmware Version
V2.3.1.48

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5
RebekahP
Aspirant

I’m having the same problem!
Message 2 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

It means its lost connection with the modem or the modem isn't giving acess to the RBR or the modem is having problems...

Swap LAN cables between the modem and RBR. Use CAT6 lan cable.

Be sure the modems wifi is fully turned OFF. 

You might bridge the modem and use the RBR in router mode.

Modem Combo Units:
This would be a double NAT condition which isn't recommended. https://kb.netgear.com/30186/What-is-Double-NAT
Couple of options,
1. Configure the modem for transparent bridge mode. Then use the Orbi router in router mode. You'll need to contact the ISP for help and information in regards to the modem being bridged correctly.
2. If you can't bridge the modem, disable ALL wifi radios on the modem, configure the modems DMZ or IP Pass-Through for the IP address the Orbi router gets from the modem. Then you can use the Orbi router in Router mode.
3. Or disable all wifi radios on the modem and connect the Orbi router to the modem, configure AP mode on the Orbi router. https://kb.netgear.com/31218/How-do-I-configure-my-Orbi-router-to-act-as-an-access-point and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7LOcJ8GdDo&app=desktop

@Iknowbetter wrote:

*This is NOT about an RBR50 but I chose it since RBR40 is NOT an option for the Model in this forum.*

I am having periodic problems with the RBR40 connecting to the Internet through my NETGEAR Gateway C6300. The RBR40 is set up as an AP and is connected to a LAN port on the C6300. The C6300 shows it has a connection to the Internet both on the front panel LEDs and on the router's admin console.

I am not having wireless connectivity issues but I will experience trouble accessing the Internet on occassion and when I check the RBR40, the Internet status shows "NO CONNECTION" and the AP itself glows purple. I've restarted/rebooted/powercycled both the RBR40 and the C6300 and while it works for a while, the RBR40 will again lose connectivity. 

Router Firmware Version
V2.3.1.48

Message 3 of 5
Iknowbetter
Aspirant

I've done option 3 already and that's the best for my setup. 

Next, I'll try swapping the LAN cable to see if it's causing issues. 

Thanks!

Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Test with a PC connected to the modem and see if it also looses connection.

Might try a factory reset on the RBR and setup from scratch if LAN cable test doesn't work. 

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7