Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBR40 to chromecasts

genne
Aspirant

Orbi RBR40 to chromecasts

I am trying to connect two chromecasts to my new Orbi. After much research online it appears that I need to create a bridge and connect the chromecasts to the other router as the Orbi can't handle this simple task. I do have a Netgear N300 WiFi Router Model WNR2000v5 that I used at a previous residence years ago. I have not connected the N300 yet.

I do not have the level of technological understanding that is needed for me to accomplish this. I am looking for step by step directions. How do I get the N300 integrated into the current Orbi system? How do I create a bridge? Do I really then connect the chromecasts through the N300?

Or do I just return the Orbi and get something else?

Message 1 of 4
Bing-Stroller
Luminary

Re: Orbi RBR40 to chromecasts

I have the RBK50 set up and am currently using a Chromecast with very few problems. (occasional buffering)

Setup was very straight forward using the Android app.

I recall there have been a few comments on the boards so it may be worth typing "Orbi Chromecast" into the search bar. 

Message 2 of 4
genne
Aspirant

Thanks, I used my phone to set up the chromecast and that worked. I was trying to do it from my laptop and only got to "WiFi connection failure". Now it seems I have a few settings to troubleshoot as the laptop and the chromecast still don't see each other.

Message 3 of 4
Bing-Stroller
Luminary

At least you got it working.

On occasions I have had a device connected to the router and a phone connected to a satellite and they could not see each other. This has been dismissed by some because they say they are both on the same network. Not so, I have had it happen and just because some have not encountered this does not mean it doesnt happen.

Anyways, you have got it working which is a very good starting point. Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7