Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBR40 with RBS20 satelites. adding 2 more RBS20s but wont connect

eclipse31satx
Aspirant

Orbi RBR40 with RBS20 satelites. adding 2 more RBS20s but wont connect

hi, new to this forum and pretty new to the Orbi mesh system.  i have an RBR40 with 2 RBS20 satelites.   i just bought 2 additional refurbished RBS20 satelites to add to my setup.  i am having problems getting the first RBS20 to connect to the RBR40.  the instruction say to plug in, the ring will blink white, then turn a solid white.  when that is done i am to press sync on both the RBS20 and the RBR40.  unfortunately mine never turns a solid white.   it will blink for 3-4 minutes then turns purple.   purple is confusing me because its sitting right next to the RBR40 router.   

any suggestions on how to get this connected?  

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Orbi RBR40 with RBS20 satelites. adding 2 more RBS20s but wont connect

@eclipse31satx wrote:

hi, new to this forum and pretty new to the Orbi mesh system.  i have an RBR40 with 2 RBS20 satelites.   i just bought 2 additional refurbished RBS20 satelites to add to my setup.  i am having problems getting the first RBS20 to connect to the RBR40.  the instruction say to plug in, the ring will blink white, then turn a solid white.  when that is done i am to press sync on both the RBS20 and the RBR40.  unfortunately mine never turns a solid white.   it will blink for 3-4 minutes then turns purple.   purple is confusing me because its sitting right next to the RBR40 router.   

any suggestions on how to get this connected?  

The used satellite may need to be "Factory Reset" before it will sync. (It could be looking for a previous router.)

Satellites reset the same way as routers: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMw4ePACgc4 

Message 2 of 4
eclipse31satx
Aspirant

thank you. will give that a try and let you know. 

Message 3 of 4
eclipse31satx
Aspirant

I rest the refurbished satellite. But now I’ve noticed when I press the sync button on the RBR40 router it doesn’t blink.
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7