Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi RBR40

Adversary
Aspirant

Orbi RBR40

This is a POS . SO HALF MY DEVICES GET ONLINE BUT OTHERS DON'T. Laptops and other devices get online. I had to manually enter IP addresses to devices. What the hell. Very often kids School chromebooks don't get online, but Orbi app says online. I have a company laptop and personal and they get online. Had to rest modem and and Orbi. If no solution found. Will end up ending Netgear crap and get a better product called EERO.
Message 1 of 8
plemans
Guru

What actual modem/gateway is it connected to?

What firmare is on the orbi?

What actually happens with devices when you try to connect? Do they say "connected, no internet". Do they not connect to the wifi at all? Do they not see the wifi? Actual details helps. 

Message 2 of 8
Adversary
Aspirant

Phones and tablets are online and access internet but kids chromebooks are connected but no internet
Message 3 of 8
plemans
Guru

What actual modem/gateway is it connected to?

What firmware is on the orbi?
Message 4 of 8
Adversary
Aspirant

V.2.6.104
Message 5 of 8
plemans
Guru

Seriously. Why do I have to repeatedly post the same things to get answers when I'm trying to help you. 

I'm not netgear. We're members of the public trying to help out on our own time. 

And I'm wasting it trying to get the full details of your setup. You literally answer one of the questions each time. 

Why should I keep wasting my time, dragging the details from you?

Message 6 of 8
rbr40
Aspirant

I need the same help.  My rbr40 has worked like a dream until the installed firmware update on sunday.  internet now continually shows offline on my cell phones and laptops but not my roku's and smart tv's which all work perfectly.  my ISP is Spectrum.  When i restart my orbi, it will get back online for a short time, then goes offline again. even when checking my orbi app, it shows orbi offline, but tv's still working. Please help!

Message 7 of 8
rbr40
Aspirant

my firmware is now v2.6.2.104

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements