Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi RBR50 Assigning static ip to device

ClaudeTiger
Aspirant

Orbi RBR50 Assigning static ip to device

Trying to assign a static ip address to a device (Hubitat Elevation C-5 home automation hub) per instructions of the device manufacturer.  The device does not have the capability to do this itself.  I go to LAN Setup and Add the device information and the desired IP address (within the DCHP range) and hit Apply.  Despite reboot, the device retains the original dynamically-assigned IP address.

The manual talks about assigning static addresses to computers and servers, but I cannot find a reference to devices.  Is this within the capability of this particular router?

Thanks for your assistance.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
Nsiddons
Apprentice

If you see the ip in the static ip list already after the orbi rebooted make sure you reboot the device needing the static ip.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
Nsiddons
Apprentice

If you see the ip in the static ip list already after the orbi rebooted make sure you reboot the device needing the static ip.

Message 2 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Please post about this over in the main Orbi forum:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/bd-p/Orbi

Thank you. 

@ClaudeTiger wrote:

Trying to assign a static ip address to a device (Hubitat Elevation C-5 home automation hub) per instructions of the device manufacturer.  The device does not have the capability to do this itself.  I go to LAN Setup and Add the device information and the desired IP address (within the DCHP range) and hit Apply.  Despite reboot, the device retains the original dynamically-assigned IP address.

The manual talks about assigning static addresses to computers and servers, but I cannot find a reference to devices.  Is this within the capability of this particular router?

Thanks for your assistance.

Message 3 of 4
ClaudeTiger
Aspirant

Perfect.  A duh moment for me.  Thank you!

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7