Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBR50 Coverage

Guapo_Apo
Aspirant

Orbi RBR50 Coverage

Hi!

I have the RBR50 with a single satellite.  My cable line comes into our living room, off to the northside of our house, so not central.  The satellite is in our kitchen, ontop of a kitchen cabinet, and centrally located.  On the main floor, in opposite sides of the house, and even outside near the street (about 100 feet from the house) I consistently get about 150-170 mbps download and 30-40 mbps download on a "300 mbps" package from Spectrum.  The problem is that on the second floor, no matter where I am I average about 6-10 mbps download and 20-30 mbps upload.

Should I move the satellite to the 2nd floor?  We are in the process of finishing our basement, should I get a second satellite for the basement?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 6
Guapo_Apo
Aspirant

Re: Orbi RBR50 Coverage

Shoot, forgot, square footage of house is 2950, NOT including the finished basement...

Message 2 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

whats the distance between the router and satellite.

I have mine in a similar placement, however my router is upstairs on 2nd floor and 1 satellite down stairs at opposite end of house. 40feet approx beetween them.

What FW are you using?

Message 3 of 6
Guapo_Apo
Aspirant

distance is about 15 feet.  

FW is V2.1.2.18

Message 4 of 6
Guapo_Apo
Aspirant

i'm assuming FW is firmware... hope so LOL

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

I would try at a farther distance. 15 feet maybe too close. Mines at 40 feet and have great speeds.

You might check on the newer version of FW if you have 50 series hardward as well.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Orbi-MR-2-1-Update-3-23-18/m-p/1533584/highlight/true#M26234

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7