Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi RBR50 Firmware Versions Not Matching

BARiviello
Follower

Orbi RBR50 Firmware Versions Not Matching

I have received an email indicating the RBR50 has new firmware available [Latest firmware version: v2.3.1.60].  When using the Orbi app, the router settings indicates firmware version 2.1.4.16.  However, when I check for updates, the app indicates the firmware is up to date.

Anyone experiencing the same issue?  Is there an error/issue I need to correct?

Any feedback/guidance would be appredciated.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Orbi RBR50 Firmware Versions Not Matching

2.3.1.60 is indeed the current firmware for Orbi RBR50 and RBS50.  2.1.4.16 is several releases behind.  A number of users have commented recently about the Orbi "app" telling them one thing and the Orbi web interface another.

I recommend using a web browser to access the Orbi web interface (found at the IP address of the Orbi router, i.e. something like "http//192.168.1.1")  The home screen will have the router firmware release in the upper right corner.  If it is not 2.3.1.60, there are two ways to update using the "Advanced" Tab, Administration, Firmware Update.  The "Online Update" tab is the easiest (if it works).  If Online does not work (sigh) then the user can download firmware images for router and satellite from Netgear's download page, found at:

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/RBK50.aspx#download

The satellite has to be updated manually before the router is updated.  In addition, the notes say that it is not possible to jump directly from 2.2.1.210 or earlier directly to 2.3.1.60.  Both the satellites and router should be updated to 2.2.1.212 first.

Good Luck!

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7