Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi(RBR50) Keeps crashing / Disconnecting

KouroshMDC
Aspirant

Orbi(RBR50) Keeps crashing / Disconnecting

I have Fios modem and router. Because of this our orbi is set to AP mode. We recently had a problem so my personal IT guy reset the system, updated it to the latest firmware and set it to AP mode, with beaming on. After doing so the Orbi worked great.. or so I thought. It's keeps disconnecting/keep crashing. When it's working its fast and great but every so often my phone or other devices with say "No internet connection" and it eventually disconnects from the orbi. It eventually reconnects. I've read several posts and I'm not sure what to do. One thing I noticed on the Orbi app 2 of my 3 satellites is on a different firmware than the other)V2.3.5.30). The router and 1 of the satellites are on V2.5.0.38 I heard to turn daisey chaining off. Not sure what to do. Does anyone have any other suggestions? 

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi(RBR50) Keeps crashing / Disconnecting

So is the FIOS modem/router still running in router mode? Just checking this here. 

Did the IT guy setup a IP address reservation for the RBR in AP mode on the FIOS router? 

You need to update the 2 RBS to the save v.38 version which may help fix this. Download the RBS FW files from here:

https://kb.netgear.com/000061363/RBR50-RBS50-Firmware-Version-2-5-0-38

After the RBS have been updated, I would reboot the RBR and Power OFF the RBSs then power the RBS ON 1 at a time. See if this fixed the disconnect problem. I and others are not seeing issues like this with v38 loaded. Working well. A factory reset maybe needed. Try the RBS update first. 

Message 2 of 8
Retired_Member
Not applicable

This is your problem...V2.5.0.38

Message 3 of 8
KouroshMDC
Aspirant

Tried manual updating. Nothing changed. Router(RBR50) V2.5.038, Orbi sat 1 V2.5.0.38 and orbi sat 2&3 are V2.3.5.30. Problem is still happening. I tried turning daisy chain off and  applied the update manually.

Message 4 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

"orbi sat 2&3 are V2.3.5.30." Need to get these updated as well. All should be on the same FW version. 

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between them to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.

After updating and I would reset the RBSs. Might try turning off 2 of the RBS and see if the problem still happens with just 1 RBS online. Graduate adding the next one if the problem doesn't appear. 

@KouroshMDC wrote:

Tried manual updating. Nothing changed. Router(RBR50) V2.5.038, Orbi sat 1 V2.5.0.38 and orbi sat 2&3 are V2.3.5.30. Problem is still happening. I tried turning daisy chain off and  applied the update manually.

Message 5 of 8
KouroshMDC
Aspirant

All router and satelittes are within 10-30ft of each other. I manual updated the orbi as shown on the website. When I login into orbilogin it says all the router and satlellites are up to date. I still did a manual update with the link provided. After it updated it still remained the same. After this I turn off each router and satelitte one by one. 

Message 6 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

RBS should not be with in 10 feet or 20 feet of the RBR. Starting distance with the RBS from the RBR is 30 feet. Depending upon building materials, too close to the RBR may bring too much wifi signal over lap between the RBR and RBS. 

@KouroshMDC wrote:

All router and satelittes are within 10-30ft of each other. I manual updated the orbi as shown on the website. When I login into orbilogin it says all the router and satlellites are up to date. I still did a manual update with the link provided. After it updated it still remained the same. After this I turn off each router and satelitte one by one. 

Message 7 of 8
Retired_Member
Not applicable

This is your problem...V2.5.0.38

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements