Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBR50 No Delivering Gigabit Service When Connected to a NetGear CM1200

Freway01
Aspirant

Orbi RBR50 No Delivering Gigabit Service When Connected to a NetGear CM1200

Just upgrade to Cox's Gigabit service here in Gilbert, AZ. Purchased a Netgear Nighthawk CN1200 cable modem and hooked it up to my Orbi RBR50 router. One of the Ethernet ports connects to a Netgear GS116NA 16-port unmanaged switch. Connected to the switch are three PC's. When a run the Google speedtest from each of the PC's I never see anything above 750Mbps down.

Is the Orgi capable of Gigabit speeds? If so, what are some of the configuration settings I need to set on the Orbi to get Gigabit wired speeds?

Model: CM1200|Nighthawk Multi-Gig Speed Cable Modem
Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: Orbi RBR50 No Delivering Gigabit Service When Connected to a NetGear CM1200

Qustions. You're only using one port on the cm1200, correct? To use others you either need port aggregation (router based) or your isp to lease you multiple IP's. 

The orbi RBR50 is capable of gigabit. I'm running it right now off comcast (ugg) and getting 940 mbps. so whats your configuration?

CM1200---RBR50---GS116NA---3x computers? Or kind of sketch out how you have it setup.

Have you directly connected one of the computers directly to the RBR50 to see what you can get? 

What firmware is on the RBR?

If you run speedtest off the RBR app, what speeds does it get?

If you connect your computer directly to the modem, what speeds do you get?

Just trying to figure out which device is causing the bottleneck. 

Message 2 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Besure you post abou this in the main Orbi forum:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/bd-p/Orbi

@Freway01 wrote:

Just upgrade to Cox's Gigabit service here in Gilbert, AZ. Purchased a Netgear Nighthawk CN1200 cable modem and hooked it up to my Orbi RBR50 router. One of the Ethernet ports connects to a Netgear GS116NA 16-port unmanaged switch. Connected to the switch are three PC's. When a run the Google speedtest from each of the PC's I never see anything above 750Mbps down.

Is the Orgi capable of Gigabit speeds? If so, what are some of the configuration settings I need to set on the Orbi to get Gigabit wired speeds?

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7