Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi RBR50 Port Forwarding randomly stops working

kb0wwp
Aspirant

Orbi RBR50 Port Forwarding randomly stops working

I have had the Orbi RBR50 with one satellite for three years and it has functioned perfectly.  In the past few days I have noticed unusual behavior.  Connections dropping, and some devices/computers cannot connect.  It came to a head last night when my son's desktop absolutely would not connect.  It behaved like it was being blocked with Access Control, althoug I had never set up Access Control.

When I logged into the web interface for the router, several functions on the router would simply return a page that said "400 Bad Request Error".  

This morning I did a factory reset on the Orbi.  Everything seemed to work fine.  All functions on the router web interface work as expected.  However, now I find that Port Forwarding randomly stops working.  I have ports 80, 443, 20-21 forwarded to a few different servers.  Port forwarding to all servers stops and will not resume until the router is restarted.

The latest firmware is installed (version 2.7.3.22).  Everything on the web interfect appears normal when the port forward stops, so I can't see what is wrong.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Is Armor or Circle enabled on the RBR? 

Has a power off for 1 minute then back ON with the ISP modem and Orbi system been performed since last update?
Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update? 

Message 2 of 5
kb0wwp
Aspirant

ISP Modem is Spectrum E31U2V1 DOCSIS 3.1 eMTA.

Circle is enabled (and always has been).  Armor was not previously enabled, but was enabled by default when the Orbi was reset.  I have now disabled Armor in case that was the issue.

The power has been turned off and on a few times since the software update.  The last software update was probably several weeks ago.  Therefore the factory reset and setup from scratch this morning has been performed since last FW update.

Message 3 of 5
kb0wwp
Aspirant

I'm going to guess my problem was Armor.  I turned that off and I have not had any issues for two days now.

Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Ok, seems like Armor doesn't tune in for Port Forwarding. 

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7