Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi RBR50/RBS50 Firmware Version 2.3.1.44 constantly dropping wifi connections to iphones/ipads

Orbi RBR50/RBS50 Firmware Version 2.3.1.44 constantly dropping wifi connections to iphones/ipads

Updated my RBR and 2 RBS satellite (also have 2 RBSK outdoor satellites that did not update) a few days ago.  Worked fine until yesterday and now none of our iphones or ipads will stay connected for more than a few moments.  Most of IOT  wifi connected devices in the house are fine as is my desktop.  Anyone else having or have had this problem?  

I can renew the lease on the iphone wifi and it will connect for about 30 seconds but then it gets booted off to LTE.  All phones in the house having he same issue.

Solutions?  Thanks

Model: RBR50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Router Only)
Message 1 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi RBR50/RBS50 Firmware Version 2.3.1.44 constantly dropping wifi connections to iphones/ipads

What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?
Is the Orbi system operating in Router or AP mode?

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between them to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?
What WPA security modes are you using?

Try enabling Beamforming and MIMO. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

Try disabling the following and see:
Daisy Chain, Fast Roaming, IPv6 and Set 20/40Mhz Coexistence to 40Mhz only. Save settings and reboot the router and satellite(s).

Set up some IP address RESERVATIONS on the RBR for your devices as well. 

Message 2 of 7
jsturess
Apprentice

Seems like we are some people now that have this problem and no solution in place

Above post dosent help, have tried them.

Message 3 of 7
jsturess
Apprentice

@MrToadsWildRide do you also have problem with gui presenting connected devices? switching between wired/2.4/5? and also which it is connected to, changes from router to one of the satelites and so on?

You have to look for some minutes to see this behavior.

Message 4 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Any progress on this? 

@MrToadsWildRide wrote:

Updated my RBR and 2 RBS satellite (also have 2 RBSK outdoor satellites that did not update) a few days ago.  Worked fine until yesterday and now none of our iphones or ipads will stay connected for more than a few moments.  Most of IOT  wifi connected devices in the house are fine as is my desktop.  Anyone else having or have had this problem?  

I can renew the lease on the iphone wifi and it will connect for about 30 seconds but then it gets booted off to LTE.  All phones in the house having he same issue.

Solutions?  Thanks

Message 5 of 7
jsturess
Apprentice

My wifi also still drops but for all devices, see attachment. Today the "connection type" and connected orbi" seem so work, it dosent chage from wifi to wired and so on under connected devices. What I have changed since last time is "transmitt power controll" to 100% for both 2,4 and 5GHz, seems to stable "connection type" but it still drops wifi.

Message 6 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Have you updated to v48 and done a factory reset and setup from scratch after the update? 

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between them to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.

Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.

Try enabling or disabling Beamforming and MIMO. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

Test system with all cameras turned off. 

@jsturess wrote:

My wifi also still drops but for all devices, see attachment. Today the "connection type" and connected orbi" seem so work, it dosent chage from wifi to wired and so on under connected devices. What I have changed since last time is "transmitt power controll" to 100% for both 2,4 and 5GHz, seems to stable "connection type" but it still drops wifi.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7