Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi RBR50/RBS50 satellite connection problem

DeanB
Follower

Orbi RBR50/RBS50 satellite connection problem

I have a problem with backhaul...
The satellite is NOT wired to the router...
I have a switch connected to the router for local wired items near the router.
I have another switch connected to the satellite for items near the satellite such as my AV items near the TV.
The speed available both over wireless and cable from the satellite reduces drastically despite having a 300 mbps FTTP ISP connection and when this happens I notice that the ‘satellite connection’ is displayed as ‘wired’ in the Orbi app.
If I reset the satellite and reconnect it to the router it again is listed in the app as ‘5GHz’ connection and the speeds available via the satellite return but eventually the speeds drop and the connection is listed as ‘wired’ yet again despite there being no ethernet cable connecting the satellite to the router.
Any help you can give would be appreciated.
Current firmware is V2.3.5.30 but it has been happening with previous versions also.
Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
CrimpOn
Guru

It might be worth a few minutes to verify that the Orbi web interface reports the same information as the Orbi "app".

i.e. connect a web browser to the Orbi and look at the "Attached Devices" page.

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

What is the Mfr and model# of the ethernet switch in the configuration?

@DeanB wrote:
I have a problem with backhaul...
The satellite is NOT wired to the router...
I have a switch connected to the router for local wired items near the router.
I have another switch connected to the satellite for items near the satellite such as my AV items near the TV.
The speed available both over wireless and cable from the satellite reduces drastically despite having a 300 mbps FTTP ISP connection and when this happens I notice that the ‘satellite connection’ is displayed as ‘wired’ in the Orbi app.
If I reset the satellite and reconnect it to the router it again is listed in the app as ‘5GHz’ connection and the speeds available via the satellite return but eventually the speeds drop and the connection is listed as ‘wired’ yet again despite there being no ethernet cable connecting the satellite to the router.
Any help you can give would be appreciated.
Current firmware is V2.3.5.30 but it has been happening with previous versions also.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7