Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBR50 Rebooting Frequently

open_market
Aspirant

Re: Orbi RBR50 Rebooting Frequently

Still having problems. Per furrye38 I will try downgrading my firmware to 2.6.1.16.

I'm finding this very problematic. Orbi was working for at least a year without this problem. It does seem likely that the firmware is the problem. The real question, which version will work for me. I saw another user claim the version I'm about to swap out made their system work (2.5.2.4). 

We shall see. I'm about to call it quits. Sad, because I have a lot of devices connected to my wifi and they will all have to be ported over...

- R

Message 26 of 34
FURRYe38
Guru

Try v16. That version worked well for me and others. Downgrade RBS first then RBR lastly. I'd factory reset and setup from scratch after downgrading to be sure your starting with a clean slate. 

@open_market wrote:

Still having problems. Per furrye38 I will try downgrading my firmware to 2.6.1.16.

I'm finding this very problematic. Orbi was working for at least a year without this problem. It does seem likely that the firmware is the problem. The real question, which version will work for me. I saw another user claim the version I'm about to swap out made their system work (2.5.2.4). 

We shall see. I'm about to call it quits. Sad, because I have a lot of devices connected to my wifi and they will all have to be ported over...

- R

Message 27 of 34
open_market
Aspirant

Thanks Furrye38. The down grade on firmware did not work. Several resets today.

I'll try the factory reset next. Quite frustrating. I may try calling the vendor if the reset does not work. It should not be this hard.

- Rick

Message 28 of 34
open_market
Aspirant

P.S. I gave-up on the satellite long ago - after the first few months of usage. It works, but is very tempormental. Even if it's in the same room, it often stopped working and I had to hit all the resynch buttons. Painful.

Message 29 of 34
FURRYe38
Guru

Sounds like your system maybe just faulty and a hardware issue and needs replaced. Out of ideas here. 

@open_market wrote:

P.S. I gave-up on the satellite long ago - after the first few months of usage. It works, but is very tempormental. Even if it's in the same room, it often stopped working and I had to hit all the resynch buttons. Painful.

Message 30 of 34
alokeprasad
Mentor

Agree w FURRYe38.

Rebooting randomly is usually flaky power supply or bad memory chips.  At leasty, that is the case w PC's and these devices are miniature computers.  Or it could be firmware problems, but you wouln't expect that to start happening after months of normal behavior.

If you have the original RBK50, NG has put the latest firmware on https://www.netgear.com/support/product/RBK50#download

That is worth a shot.  But consider returning/replacing the units, especially if you are within the 12 month warranty.

RBK50v2 download page has not been updated.

Message 31 of 34
FURRYe38
Guru

v102 includes v2.

@alokeprasad wrote:

Agree w FURRYe38.

Rebooting randomly is usually flaky power supply or bad memory chips.  At leasty, that is the case w PC's and these devices are miniature computers.  Or it could be firmware problems, but you wouln't expect that to start happening after months of normal behavior.

If you have the original RBK50, NG has put the latest firmware on https://www.netgear.com/support/product/RBK50#download

That is worth a shot.  But consider returning/replacing the units, especially if you are within the 12 month warranty.

RBK50v2 download page has not been updated.

Message 32 of 34
alokeprasad
Mentor

I see that listed in the release notes.

I was going by the what appears on the support page for RBK50v2

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/RBK50v2#download

Its a matter of time for NG to update that page.

This lack of consistency between web sites, web interfaces, automatic vs manual downloads sure increases the traffic in these forums!

Message 33 of 34
FURRYe38
Guru

Something to ask the forum moderator about. I asked about the v102 files yesterday. Smiley Wink

Message 34 of 34
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 33 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7